Best Bushing Dog?

lamping-lad

What makes a good bushing dog? Type and style. I like a small terrier or terrier x spaniel preferably white so I can see it in the cover and it must yap when on something (rabbits). What do you guys like?

I like a smaller type busher that will work the tightest of spots,at speed,anything that cannot will put less in front of the mutts or guns.Any mongrel bred terrier will bush to a standard its trained and educated to.I prefer Beddy,s and their hybrid combinations,versatile mutts that seem well suited to a spot of cover bashing and a bit of bolting.

this dog is the best i,ve ever owned in over 20 years huting ,he is a all round little animal ,,he will mark rabbits to ground while ferreting,has been to ground and bolted foxes from and around the shoots we do.also 90% of the time when we are doing fox drives he will find first as he goes through cover like sas then screams like a banshee when found ,,catches rabbits nearly all the time when we out because of his speed inside cover,,real pleasure to own .3/4 terrier 1/4 hound mix.13 and half inches.cheers

brian_zps9779f0d6.jpg

• Like 4

He better than the beagle Russell dog fox pack?

he is better to me mate ,cause as i say he is an all round dog,,can basically do all hunting with him.the beaglex russell is just an out n out fox dog,bit to big for the rabbiting in tight cover spots etc.both got fantastic noses while doing the fox drives though,but the smaller dog finds charlies in right tight spots . :thumbs:

• Like 1