Back Making Nets

Hello all, I taught myself how to make my own nets last year, they do the job but hopefully they will only get better, today I dug the net making gear out and had a net I'd half made so I tried to carry on from where I left off, to be honest my mind went blank for about 20 mins, I just couldn't seem to do it, then it just poped back to mind and I'm off again, like riding a bike after the mind block, roll on the rumbling

Atb rc1

I started with shaped nets and to be honest that's all I use along with my collie greyhound and a few trammels but I don't think I will try long nets al just stick with purse nets I can tie the bottom ring perfect I just need to learn how to do it on the top ring the same

Cheers for the reply

Rc1

I started with shaped nets and to be honest that's all I use along with my collie greyhound and a few trammels but I don't think I will try long nets al just stick with purse nets I can tie the bottom ring perfect I just need to learn how to do it on the top ring the same

Cheers for the reply

Rc1

Knit onto a triangle the same as you would the first ring. When you come to the end of the net sow on the bottom ring as you normaly would. Then slide the meshes off the triangle and sow to the ring the same way.

Cheers for the reply

Rc1

Knit onto a triangle the same as you would the first ring. When you come to the end of the net sow on the bottom ring as you normaly would. Then slide the meshes off the triangle and sow to the ring the same way.

THATS WHAT I WOULD DO....ALTHOUGH I USE A BIG SPLIT RING,SAME IDEA.... :thumbs:

• Like 1

Cheers for the reply

Rc1

THATS WHAT I WOULD DO....ALTHOUGH I USE A BIG SPLIT RING,SAME IDEA.... :thumbs:

Never thought of a split ring I suppose that would work the same.

Thanks PE I will try that all be it I tried to tie onto a slider last year and for some reason failed but I will try that cheers

Rc1

No probs.Heres a pic of the triangle I use 001.jpg

Guest Anthony Peace

Been knitting my own nets for years mate can't beat that sense of satisfaction when a bolting bunny hits a net that you've made and it holds it perfectly regardless of weather it's set in bramble, hedgerow or on open ground. Net knitting gets me through the summer months. What pattern are you using ?