Dale Rabbits

i have read a few threads on here about lads up the dales lamping a few bunnies, they are getting very good bags and the rabbits must be in plague proportions there, but are the dales rabbit easier rabbits than else where or are they just very good dogs getting these big bags, this is e genuine question as i have never been there, so keep it clean and no bitching :laugh:

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well said Mike...

ive allways said rabbits are easer up the dales,,,they don't seem to have that wildness about them,, I once put on here when lamping once,,a slight ground frost come down the days before a lot of rain

a good dog catch any where ill get me coat

Posted Images

what would the average distance be that the dog would run the rabbit then.

hard question to answer that alot of things to take into consideration like breed of dog and time of year. ive seen some good runs up the dales the couple of times ive been up there and ive also seen some easier runs.

• Like 1

you would have to define what you mean by Dales as well. The terrain varies massively, from really rough under foot stuff on the higher hillsides where some of the rabbits tend to squat/run/turn/squat/run to paddocks where the rabbits take off at full speed to where I live just on the edge of the dales with massive arable fields everywhere.