A Long Net, A Lamp & Two Lurchers

RossM

Set the long net out teatimish and left it for a few hours, took the lamp & met eddie with my old bitch and his beddy/whippet. Managed to bag 3 rabbits between the dogs and the long net, there was a fox sculking around too, probably thinking he was in on a free meal, still 3's better than nowt, reset I and will check again early morning, :thumbs: oh and BPR game carriers work a treat!! :laugh:

20130910_221400_zpscebf384a.jpg

• Like 2

You will end up with your nets full of holes or stolen working them like that. Rabbits will chew holes if they are left in for any length of time

Best to set and walk in the field.

Well done on the catch

How this field is mate is I set the net along the top hedge line and came in at the other hedge line forcing the rabbits to the top, saw the rabbit hit the net so wasn't in for any length of time, but taken on board what you say ad. Understand what you mean. :thumbs:

If you set a net and leave it , a rabbit getting balled up in it would bite its way out it can happen in the time you have beaten a field in , or you might get a hedge pig wrapped up in it , But these things could happen anyway