Big pike...from a pit somewhere

Some nice fish martin, what was the heaviest weight??? :notworthy:

What weight do you think 'Ozty'....taking into account that pike on the other post of 36lb+???

It'll be interesting to know what weight people think the heaviest was.

so come on people have a guess........................... :hmm:

p.s. the smallest was 17lb.

Id go for 27 1/2lb..............Ive never caught a pike but I think Im going to give it a bash this winter.........Fished the teste a few weeks back with Ed Chapman & his nephew & witnessed Ed catch a 3 1/2 lb Perch while I missed numerous pike !!!!!!!............Got the bug now though , Apart from the basics are there any tips on methods & gear you could give me Martin........???

P.S. You dont half look like Tony Soprano !!!!!!!!!

Edited by elisderyn
Id go for 27 1/2lb..............Ive never caught a pike but I think Im going to give it a bash this winter.........Fished the teste a few weeks back with Ed Chapman & his nephew & witnessed Ed catch a 3 1/2 lb Perch while I missed numerous pike !!!!!!!............Got the bug now though , Apart from the basics are there any tips on methods & gear you could give me Martin........???

P.S. You dont half look like Tony Soprano !!!!!!!!!

TONY SOPRANO... 8):clapper::clapper: I doubt it.If youre fishing a river,I would fling a spinner around for a while,and see if you can catch a few jacks,and if you do then get a dead bait out as this should attract the bigger hen fish.When I fish a river I will keep moving and try to cover as much water as possible.You can float fish a deadbait near the far side of the river near any features or likely spots that might hold prey fish.But I think the best advise is keep ringing the changes,as far as plugs/spinners are concerned...floaters/sinkers/spinners etc. oh and keep trying.

i was thinking he looked like the owner of angler paradise.....that nut case Zyg...

Cheeky bugger JD :feck: