FAO ALL PEST CONTROLLERS

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Slugs are the bane of us Bait Layers. I check my boxes more to find and knife the f*cking slugs more than to top up the bait - which they'll rapidly eat and ruin in the process.

But snails? I have a special, dark, place in my heart for those b*stards.

My first potential job in my then new neighbourhood was an old boy a few doors down. He heard about me and came reporting mice in his garden. I went along there and surveyed the site. This maniac had uncovered break back traps set all over the place, just tucked under shrubbery. Yeppers; Think Dunnocks! :icon_eek:

Anyway, I treated him to my best, full on shpiel. Then I whipped out my new pride and joy to show him: A KillGerm 'Snappa' Box, complete with Kness Snap'E trap. I proudly explained and described how this beautiful little combination was only capable of catching a mouse. Birds. Pets. Kiddies fingers? Why; Just try setting that trap off, through the entrance holes, with ye own finger, chief! Ye just Can't do it! Scientifically proven impossibility! I'll give ye a fiver right here and now if ye can manage it!

And so, my professionalism and 'state of the art kittedness' demonstrated, I placed a few of my little black boxes. Explained the yellow slot and went off assured of a job.

Next day, sure enough, he was back. He told me how the yellow slot had gone. We were in business. And soon now, I thought to myself, so would I be! Word would spread up and down the drive! I'd have made my name!

Producing the special key from my pocket with a flourish, I smugly popped the box open .....

FFS!