Air Rifle Experience Counted Towards Fac

Less than that with Lapua. 650 yards here is under 1 second at my estimate:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jv49EoCJFp0

...and Rex's yardage is deifnately correct unlike some other videos on Youtube where 600 yards is really 200!

That said, I do take your point Dan, animals can move.

PS to the OP sorry for hijacking your thread with an intersting side discussion. If you still have questions please ask away and I'm sure someone will add to what's been said on the original topic.

Edited by Alsone

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

At guess the bullet flight time to 1300yds would be 3-4 seconds a lot can happen in that time those of experience will tell of missed fox etc that moved at the critical time and caused a miss and tha

The fact is that it does not matter what calibre you are using, no stalker on the hill is going to suggest you take shots at over 300 yards, and then quite rarely, it simply is not cricket old boy an

The fact is this if your fieldcraft (not meaning you Alsone) is so shite that you cant get to within 200-300 yards of a deer, and hopefully a lot closer, then pack in stalking and take up golf, you do

The fact is this if your fieldcraft (not meaning you Alsone) is so shite that you cant get to within 200-300 yards of a deer, and hopefully a lot closer, then pack in stalking and take up golf, you don't deserve to have a rifle in your hands, I don't care a jot if some chap on youtube shoots a deer @ 1400 yards or whatever, he is an arse, and I don't care what calibre he is using, you could still wound the deer if you hit it in the wrong place using a 20mm cannon, it is not sporting, and serves to feed the ego of the knob, with his huge rifle.

• Like 2

I'm not too bad a shot but I've just been to Bisley and had a go at the 223 rifle on a moving deer target.

It moves slowly and is only 100 yards away and I have to say its not an easy shot to hit the deers boiler room.

And that was a deer walking pace!

So all this bravado about hitting something at 1000 yards is utter shite in my opinion.

I did the 1000 yard with a 308 on the match rifle targets which are pretty big and hit the black but if that was a deer then it would be in real pain and suffering.

If long range stuff is what you want to do then use non live targets or join the armed forces! Simples....

• Like 1

The fact is this if your fieldcraft (not meaning you Alsone) is so shite that you cant get to within 200-300 yards of a deer, and hopefully a lot closer, then pack in stalking and take up golf, you don't deserve to have a rifle in your hands, I don't care a jot if some chap on youtube shoots a deer @ 1400 yards or whatever, he is an arse, and I don't care what calibre he is using, you could still wound the deer if you hit it in the wrong place using a 20mm cannon, it is not sporting, and serves to feed the ego of the knob, with his huge rifle.

I can't argue with your principles, as you know Charlie I'm very much against wounding / causing suffering.