A Strange Question

a lot of farm collies will go off hunting when "off duty", years ago they were virtually expected to feed themselves from what they could kill or scavenge on poorer farms. my old Mum had a border on the smallholding that i used to take ferreting nd ratting with the lurchers, still worked the stock. never took her others out myself, but they would all kill vermin round the place

not sure if this is the right place for this. anyway does anyone thing it would be possible to train a pure collie to go after rabbits and still be a useful dog for moving sheep? as i have the possiblility of a collie pup out of 2 really fast dogs but i want to work it sheep and am wondering could i train it to hunt rabbits aswell or would it have a tendancy to be to savage for sheep?

dead on pal work away another anti

what do you mean by this?

Basically what he is suggesting is that you're a bunny hugging opponent of everything we hold dear...and that you have come on here with infiltration in mind...you're intention is to solicit confessions of the most awful crimes against wildlife...admissions of dog fighting as well as penetrative sex with badgers...and oral sex with otters......and then to use them against us in an attempt to secure spurious convictions... :laugh:

Personally I don't believe it.... :thumbs:

I reckon by your post sheep are your thing.... :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Naaaaaaaaah

not sure if this is the right place for this. anyway does anyone thing it would be possible to train a pure collie to go after rabbits and still be a useful dog for moving sheep? as i have the possiblility of a collie pup out of 2 really fast dogs but i want to work it sheep and am wondering could i train it to hunt rabbits aswell or would it have a tendancy to be to savage for sheep?

dead on pal work away another anti

what do you mean by this?

Basically what he is suggesting is that you're a bunny hugging opponent of everything we hold dear...and that you have come on here with infiltration in mind...you're intention is to solicit confessions of the most awful crimes against wildlife...admissions of dog fighting as well as penetrative sex with badgers...and oral sex with otters......and then to use them against us in an attempt to secure spurious convictions... :laugh:

Personally I don't believe it.... :thumbs:

I reckon by your post sheep are your thing.... :laugh::laugh::laugh:

didn't know oral sex with otters was a crime... :icon_redface::icon_redface::icon_redface: :icon_redface: :icon_redface: