Brasher Hillwalker Ii Gtx

my old man has some brashers, casual walker like but he likes em. he doesnt mess about with boots, was in the army in shite ones for half his life so wont have anything less than super comfort. cant say if they'll take a beating like because he doesnt put the miles in every day. Hope someone can shed some light on these exact ones for you.

Lol i went to go out doors and seen em in flesh. Look a nice solid boot felt comfy aswell. I had em getting my size acted as i was interested just to try em to make sure haha pleased now. Theres a review on the net a bloke walked 1200 miles across mountiains and still look a solid clean tidy boot.

Yes. Look into a good dubin.

A good clean. A slow dry and a pollish on a regular basis.

And don't dry them out in front of the fire in top of a radiator. ( at full nack )

I was always under the impression that dubbin rotted the stitches, or is that just an old wives tale?

Never heard of that. And from a young age I got a good scut around the napper for not doing my shoes and boots, from the old man.

None of my boots have ever had poor threads from dubin. And I don't wear shite on my feet.

Dubin is good but that is an old wives tale about the stitching, well even if it ain't your boots will wear out before the dubin takes hold on the stitches. I'd say renapur is better but either or, any decent proofer is better than none. :thumbs:

Edited to add, Brasher boots were originally built on old lasts that the company bought off Reebok. The reason was to produce a boot you could buy from the shop in the morning and walk up a mountain by afternoon, without damage to your feet...

I will be putting a boot review up soon as good foot ware is a must for me. However some of the crap I have had drop to bits on me is beyond belief. And the prices that some boots command is a joke. Especially when a name is involved.

I think a thread with some home truths and naming and shaming is due.