Stopping Dog Theft

So a local anaesthetic would get around the unnecessary suffering bit wouldn't it? There has to be some way in which it could be implemented: and it would surely do much to deter dog thieves if the dog had bloody great white letters or numbers on its haunch.

it would i think fall into the same part as tail docking as proof would be needed its for the benefit of the dog and not cosmetic for the owner. It would need a case going to court to get the answer and the rspca would chuck money at it like confetti at a wedding. :hmm:

It would hardly be considered 'cosmetic' would it!

So a local anaesthetic would get around the unnecessary suffering bit wouldn't it? There has to be some way in which it could be implemented: and it would surely do much to deter dog thieves if the dog had bloody great white letters or numbers on its haunch.

it would i think fall into the same part as tail docking as proof would be needed its for the benefit of the dog and not cosmetic for the owner. It would need a case going to court to get the answer and the rspca would chuck money at it like confetti at a wedding. :hmm:

It would hardly be considered 'cosmetic' would it!

are tattoos not cosmetic as well as informative, is tail docking cosmetic as well as a necessity in some cases. would freeze branding be any different :hmm: only if the dog is stolen perhaps :laugh:

FOX HOUNDS AND TRACK GREYHOUNDS ARE TATOOD IN EAR.BUT END OF THE DAY THEIVING SCUM BAGS MIX TOGETHER SO UNLESS DOG IS WALKED ABOUT WITH IT MAY NOT BE SEEN BY ANYONE BUT THE SHITE WHO THINK ITS OK TO STEAL DOGS WHO WANT HANDS BREAKING!

• Like 3

it would be a good idea to freeze brand, that link was very informitve and quiet simple to do, minimun stress and pain to the dogs, so why would any one kick up about it saying its cruel,

...because the animal welfare laws over here are completely over the top. Having said that: I'd hate to see the mess someone not very bright would make of a dog's ear! Wouldn't do ears over here anyway, for obvious reasons.

surely branding would stop the dog from suffering in the end when someone takes the dog and it gets

past from pillar to post then ends up in a rescue center or PTS

so a little pain as a young dog could stop as many ending up this way

keep them safe and wish i never go through this experience :)

• Like 1

THLpatrick they all are mate ha ha , they must be disapointed when they get them home but they never bring them back!!!!!! the thieving tossers , Im gonna speak to my vet and see what he says. i'll let you know