How Often To Work Permission? ?

I have now a 45 acre plot with one or two warrens and a 250 acre plot with a definate 7 warrens and some more possibly. How often would you all work such land ? obviously wouldn't want to deplete the population? etc

Edited by OldhamLad

the 250 site is in the middle of a huge area of other crop land so yes id imagine theres a large pop in the area, I imagine at some point Ill have permission on the surrounding areas through my contact who gave me permission being a popular land owner in the area.

Ive a 60 acre plot the farmer bought for his wife's horses and i can ferret it every fortnight and its always good for rabbits the guy next to it just has sheep and the only guy on his ground lamps it for foxes . But i wouldn't worry about wiping them out

the 250 site is in the middle of a huge area of other crop land so yes id imagine theres a large pop in the area, I imagine at some point Ill have permission on the surrounding areas through my contact who gave me permission being a popular land owner in the area.

crack on and clean it off... you get the sport you yern for and then go ask the chap who lets you on if he knows of any where else you might get on as you cleaned him out..

if hes popular as you said and he likes you then he will help you out.. most people who give permision want the rabbits gone imo

edited to say you ask for permision to ferret so their's no point not doing it or you might as well not ask and just stay home anyway

• Like 1

We hit everything hard once, and take most of them, and tell the land owner to give us a bell if it looks like its picking up too much. Then we tend to have a quick scout end of season to mop up owt we've missed. And hope like feck it recovers over summer!

• Like 1

well ive had personal guarantee that theres an old railway line littered with them and at least seven warrens he knows off there so should be worth the trip! want wo work it for the meat and sport but also want some to return to next year , suppose its finding the balance

I think it depends on the individual land owner.

One farmer is a bit strict and im lucky to be on his land, the only reason im there is because he really does have a rabbit problem, im to call before each visit and when i arrive he comes out threatning to shame me if i dont get enough rabbits haha. So his land gets hit hard and constant, i intend for him to notice a difference. That permission has already led me onto another farm in that area.

Got another farmer who doesn't seem to really care about the rabbits, just let's me on because he's a nice guy. He just let's me do what I want, when I want. It's very close to me and one of my fav permissions so I usually just have short laid back mornings there with one ferret and a few nets only really aiming to get a few days ferret food at a time.