First Working Salukis In Ireland?

I have done a search on here and google and really did not come up with much.

Just wanted to know, who brought the first working pure salukis into ireland? Anyone know when they started to appear?

I think Tor of Dartmoor was one of them, but id say their is more before this??

Also i hear their is some working imports out their, that come from a very good strain, their is a person in this country that has them, if they are on here, send me a pm, would love to have a chat about them ect, as i like the breed. :thumbs:

Thanks..

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Davy I rem colly saluki I hunted with it loads times in ire and eng I've got it runiing 6 mins on tape in house nice bitch she was I always wanted to put my old king dog over her I had a choice of his

but fair play to gorger i dunt no the man but he loves the game to come over hear from ireland i dunt no many that would do that every year an put dogs on line by crabbers

well gf whats the craic lol

Callie keeps imported stock, the others Ive heard of over there just seem to be stud dogs or brood bitches used to produce coursing stock

Thanks AG :thumbs: . Yes i know Callie, she seems to have some nice salukis. But their is another man, i think his in wicklow, that is meant to have some good imported working saukis, not sure if he is on here or not?

templeking is d best man to ask on here as far as i no he gave p king a red and white one year ago and he no a lot of lads the had full saluki

Thanks Jimmy. I think i know that saluki, he is in my town, cw owns him now, is it the one biglicks on here had up as stud a while ago, think ph had him as well?

His a brother to Jackos full saluki i think as well. ?

i think he got the bitch of jimmy ford the one jacko has i got the brother of steve he was hard to handle

Thanks Jimmy. I got that wrong then, as the one thats here is a dog, not a bitch, i think the one you had that was hard to handle is the one here, red and white saluki, brother to jackos red saluki.

their was lads that had salukis in the north,an ran them in the 60s an 70s,also i rem that their was lads that were in the army an stationed over here an had a full saluki with them,i tryed to get a service of this dog,but the troubles was in full swing an it did not happen :thumbs:

their was lads that had salukis in the north,an ran them in the 60s an 70s,also i rem that their was lads that were in the army an stationed over here an had a full saluki with them,i tryed to get a service of this dog,but the troubles was in full swing an it did not happen :thumbs:

i knew ud know stevie :yes::toast::toast::toast: