Lads just got a nice bag of sloes and have bottle of jin waiting was wondering could I use a plastic 2 liter bottle to make it up or does it have to be glass? Cheers

You can use plastic. Better with glass probably but i made strawberry vodka in a plastic tub and it was fine......... :thumbs:

Lads just got a nice bag of sloes and have bottle of jin waiting was wondering could I use a plastic 2 liter bottle to make it up or does it have to be glass? Cheers

You can use plastic. Better with glass probably but i made strawberry vodka in a plastic tub and it was fine......... :thumbs:

is that how you make yer buckfast lab :laugh::laugh:

is that how you make yer buckfast lab :laugh::laugh:

Canny go f***ing about trying to make the 'tonic wine' mate..........leave that recipe too the monks... :D

Its really easy matey. Small cup of sugar, heaped small cup of sloes and a standard 70cl bottle of supermarket own brand gin. Put them all together In an air tight jar, and leave in the cupboard for at least 2 months, giving it a shake once in a while. I normally open, strain it through some clean muslin, and re-bottle around xmas time. You then drink! Tastes ruddy lovely :yes:

Don,t forget to prick the sloes,I freeze mine overnight,or pick after first frost,works just as well with damson's,prick each one down the side with a fork,

You are spot on matey, I forgot to say, I freeze my sloes and then defrost them before using too :thumbs:

I always seem to have better luck when they are still frozen.

• 2 weeks later...