Duck Hawking

BIGLURKS

Just a genreal question here been reading threw the falconry section for the last year even thought about getting a bird last year but decided after reading books and watching DVDs I def dint have the time too think about one back then but due too a job change Iam getting back into reading about birds the only thing I can never seem too find is many folk flying birds at ducks or at least many topics on it I can get the basics of folk using gos hawks and falcons can any one recommend me a book or some great info on who hunts ducks with there birds or type of birds or why more falconers tend too hunt crows and game birds more

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I flew a male Pere/Saker primarily at ducks last season and he took about 10 in total. It was my first gamehawk and in more experienced hands would have taken a lot more. By the end of the season he really knew how to take them and handle them well on the ground. Great sport, especially when other game is hard to find. Will be taking him up from the moult in a couple of weeks and hoping he'll start as well as we ended last season.