If you are shooting rats mate you will require a red filter or a red led torch, as once you have shot a couple they will disappear as soon as you switch on your white beam, have a look on lightmalls website I have one of their red/green led torches $28.50 fantastic bit of kit, have shot foxes over 150 yards with it,and you can get red, green, blue, clear led drivers for it so keep switching colour to confuse the little darlings.

cheep is not always best, but well priced s a different matter..These have low /high/ strobe setting & large or small beam 50-300yds

*bay item >

Item number:
Get some genuine Panasonic batteries to go with it & your away :thumbs:

I'd say stay away from mulitmode torches, although that may be difficult as they all seem to be multimode. I have one similar to the above (cree t6 1600 lumen), centre mounted switch. The 1st one had to go back with problems. It's replacement is causing me issues as well with switching on / mode issues. This cost me £35 on ebay as I deliberately avoided the cheap ones and went for a seller with thousands of feedback at 100%. Some good that did!

qh99.jpg

There's a lot to be said for a straight on / off.

Can't fault the torch for brightness, but the switch board is definately suss for quality, at least on the ones I had.

Edited by Alsone

Hello you should look at dealextreme.com

I have this light: http://dx.com/p/fandyfire-c8-cree-xm-lt6-1-mode-700-lumen-white-led-flashlight-w-strap-1x17670-1x18650-2x16340-90605

After mine i ordered 4 more for family. Never a problem with it. It runs a decent time and it is incredible bright.

If you want something with a adjustable focus this torch is great also more then plenty light for shooting up to 100 yards and focus adjustable:

http://dx.com/p/c30-flood-to-throw-zooming-glass-optics-cree-p4-wc-100-lumen-led-flashlight-with-strap-3-aaa-18697

No shipping fee's i don't think you will find better lights for the money. I have those 2 for more then a year and always working.

Gr Jacco