Working Dogs The Night- What To Do In The Day?

dont lamp much these days, but when i was doing a lot i used to give them a half hour strtech out on the common in the morning before a nights work. not enought o tire them out (they would have probably 14 hours rest anyway) but kept them losse and found it just helped them settle better in the kennels through the day

• Like 1

my dogs are pretty much left to do as the please, so after a nite out they get a rub down checked over an fed a warm meal, kennels are mostly open so dogs can wander stretch an do toilet when they please, then morning after i just give them a hour round the fields if they wanna run an play an chase each other then so be it, if they wanna walk at heel i dont mind either way, if your dog is fit, an i mean proper fit them it should handle most workloads, too many folks have got unfit dogs an wouldnt know a fit dog if it pissed up there legs :thumbs:

• Like 2

i take my dogs out and just let them hunt up it might be in a woods or just a bit of rough ground or just have them walking around and i do this most days so my dogs are ready for a good nights graft on the lamp at any given time

To many variables to say them all but Depends what kind of night they have if we have say a 3-4 hour lamp and catch say 15-20 rabs I'll give them a hour walk in the morning to go piss shit then same at around 5 ready for them for night but if out for say 8hrs and putting a good shift in and I know I'm out the next night I will just give them a two 20min walks ready for later and mainly to keep kennel clean and stop them being stiff

Checked over ,cleaned up/rubbed down ,Fed, Magbox for hour ,....on arriving back home in morning ,emptied out,.kenneled on own for max rest without being disturbed ,max rest , then following night or when up and about kennel runs ,rub down/brush/check over ,20mins in woods behind house (quick stretch ,empty )in house until out again

Edited by DEERMAN