Hello all ,

I've been contemplating make a few of my own rope leads for a while now . The only problem i'm having is finding a source of rope clamps . If anyone could point me in the right direction i'd be more than grateful. Any tips would be appreciated also .

many thanks R.A.W

Hello all ,

I've been contemplating make a few of my own rope leads for a while now . The only problem i'm having is finding a source of rope clamps . If anyone could point me in the right direction i'd be more than grateful. Any tips would be appreciated also .

many thanks R.A.W

my mate made me 100 the other year he sewed them and then covered in hide and then sewed and riveted

Hello all ,

many thanks R.A.W

my mate made me 100 the other year he sewed them and then covered in hide and then sewed and riveted

Nice shout bud :thumbs: ... I was thinking of glue but sewing would be a better job . I was also thinking of shrink tube to cover ......... I can't see me sewing hide .

I need friends like yours :laugh:

Splice.... get yourself a book on how to spice, stronger than anything else you could use and so versatile the list of what you could make would be endless.

Done right with practice and they would look the bollocks too.

Splicing becomes adictive. There are a few good books. Knots and splcing a good monkeys fist on the end looks the dogs bolloks. Not to be confused with a dogs dick thats another splicing end. Lol

Edited by gonetoearth
  • Like 2

Splice.... get yourself a book on how to spice, stronger than anything else you could use and so versatile the list of what you could make would be endless.

I could do. I'll look into that one.............. i've got a film here all about it .........................

Splice girls the movie :laugh::laugh: ..................I know but I couldn't resist :icon_redface:

• Like 1

my brother in law was in the navy anything to do with knotts and i pass it to him, like this

post-896-0-08049900-1373392832.jpg

Used to have a great uncle that went away to sea all his life, boy could he splice. Made me a half check lead an collar combo years ago, it was both beautiful and practical, I wish I still had it.

If you do learn to splice and could make those, i'd snap your hand off for one..!! :yes:

The rate I have lost leads over the years if I had to pay for them it would have cost me a fortune. as has been said learn to do a simple eye splice that is all you need, oh and some tidy rope. As I live on the coast a walk along the shore will bring up some old pot rope. really strong stuff, sometimes the lay is so hard you need a Fid to splice it. To be honest one of those leads would last a lifetime, if they did not get lost all the bludy time.... I have theory that they run off with all the odd socks and pens in this house.

TC

Edited by tiercel
  • Like 2

Used to have a great uncle that went away to sea all his life, boy could he splice. Made me a half check lead an collar combo years ago, it was both beautiful and practical, I wish I still had it.

If you do learn to splice and could make those, i'd snap your hand off for one..!! :yes:

i'll start with baling cord :laugh:

The rate I have lost leads over the years if I had to pay for them it would have cost me a fortune. as has been said learn to do a simple eye splice that is all you need, oh and some tidy rope. As I live on the coast a walk along the shore will bring up some old pot rope. really strong stuff, sometimes the lay is so hard you need a Fid to splice it. To be honest one of those leads would last a lifetime, if they did not get lost all the bludy time.... I have theory that they run off with all the odd socks and pens in this house.

TC

tea spoons in our house mate there must be a tea spoon lake somewhere :laugh:

the lad who made the leads charged me 1.60p each :laugh:

I'd be laughing too :laugh::laugh: .

can he make me a few :whistling:

i use to be the general manager of a narrow fabrics manufacturer so we supplied him the cord :whistling: