Rannerdale,whiteless Pike,grasmoor & More..

A few of the "mole hills" we walked yesterday..

Rannerdale Knotts..

18e3845fa78befed9ff0136af9b1db61_zps8dd6

Whiteless Peak..back right..

804b11f7161f4a1c70521ba0c1f1e89f_zps4451

Grassmoor..

e5678b59f912c02275b7241dbbfb92ac_zpse7c2

Rannerdale Knotts middle centre..slightly to the left and higher is Whiteless Peak..I'm stood on Wandope on my way to Grasmoor..

9c275b59a845c872810bfb420bde3e1d_zps0d0a

The nightmarish "goat path" from Causdale Head below Grasmoor..

ce400d86a10dbd3ea9756ba5f6aae03b_zps9721

Edited by FUJI
  • Like 1

boots coat looks a1 andy.iam starting to sway towards him now.lolol he will be a real power house when hes fully matured .ive said it few times mate but iam glad you got them pups ..if i ever breed a litter.anytme all you have to do is ask and i will gift you one anytime you want one..the pups are real credit to you.

• Like 1

boots coat looks a1 andy.iam starting to sway towards him now.lolol he will be a real power house when hes fully matured .ive said it few times mate but iam glad you got them pups ..if i ever breed a litter.anytme all you have to do is ask and i will gift you one anytime you want one..the pups are real credit to you.

Cheers Snoops,I've always favoured him from day one..not saying he will be the best locally but on bigger land he will come into his own IMO? He ain't as sharp off the mark as Fife but he can and does reel him in eventually lol..he's a grinder :-) ..he does everything as I want,jumps,recall,livestock,will hunt up grand,great in the motor,good eater..everything fine and dandy..Fife needs some attention at metal gates..does jump them EVERYTIME but not as neat and sometimes pisses about at them unlike Boots..and at times although rare he will disobey me if I call him in if he starts to bugger off towards another dog..he doesn't do it EVERYTIME but it wants rectifying..I seen a couple of young rabbits yesterday and I was walking back to the motor down the road..the pups never seen them,it was impossible but when I reached the gate would they f**k walk past lol..they were tearing my arms out :-) I also seen owld Hartley the other morning,it made a sharp exit and they never sighted him but they buggered off for two fields at very fast pace tracking the exact path it had took..these will go no bother at all..their day isn't far away..I won't push em..we will bump into bits and pieces of gear and I'm sure they will put a few odds and sods to bed over the next month or two before they go into full work :-)

• Like 2

Cheers Snoops,I've always favoured him from day one..not saying he will be the best locally but on bigger land he will come into his own IMO? He ain't as sharp off the mark as Fife but he can and does reel him in eventually lol..he's a grinder :-) ..he does everything as I want,jumps,recall,livestock,will hunt up grand,great in the motor,good eater..everything fine and dandy..Fife needs some attention at metal gates..does jump them EVERYTIME but not as neat and sometimes pisses about at them unlike Boots..and at times although rare he will disobey me if I call him in if he starts to bugger off towards another dog..he doesn't do it EVERYTIME but it wants rectifying..I seen a couple of young rabbits yesterday and I was walking back to the motor down the road..the pups never seen them,it was impossible but when I reached the gate would they f**k walk past lol..they were tearing my arms out :-) I also seen owld Hartley the other morning,it made a sharp exit and they never sighted him but they buggered off for two fields at very fast pace tracking the exact path it had took..these will go no bother at all..their day isn't far away..I won't push em..we will bump into bits and pieces of gear and I'm sure they will put a few odds and sods to bed over the next month or two before they go into full work :-)

theres no reason at all these two wont wont fill a bag or two..i think fife has got one of his bad habits of razor hes a fooker for wanting to go and check other dogs out.ive never been able to nip it in the bud totaly .so good luck with that one.lolol.i think boots will suprise you on the smaller fields too when he grows into himself..i dont think there will be alot in size and weight between him and razor when boots is mature and his running weight.we where talking on the phone the other day and we where chatting about razor when he was growing up.quite a few lads said he was going to be to big built ect ect .do you remember that andy on that other coursing site..maybe they can eat there words now..lolol.razor was brought up in small fields and he learnt how to run them old long ears in the smallest of fields..and believe me he did alright.

• Like 2

Aye I can remember the old "you'll be riding that down the Fens" craic lol..might be summat in that old saying Snoops that a good big un will always beat a good little un? Haha...I ain't so sure but that good dog from across the water Lucas ain't no small,featherweight either and he does alright so the word on the grapevine is? I'm not worried one iota about what size Boots makes..he is quite heavy and with not having these types before I'm unsure how he will perform on testing ground but one things for sure I will find out :-) They have plenty of Grey in them so should have more than enough pace and from what I've seen they have wind in abundance..both are throwing a bit of hair at the minute but I've been giving them plenty of grooming..they love a good grooming and a rub down..infact they do my nut in knocking each other out of the way to get done lol..I know how highly you regard Razor & I've heard enough on the grapevine all saying the dog is the real deal..if these pups can achieve a portion of what he has I will be a happy chappy :-) no one EVER knocked the Saluki like me on these forums,now I'll find out if I was right all along or talking out of my arse :-) ..had the pups out today but not on the Fells,me and our lass took them to town to do some shopping and to meet my wee grandson :-) I think we are heading off up the lake tomorrow with the kiddies for a picnic lol so the dogs will be coming along too...my f***ing life with lurchers haha..the b*****ds have ruled it for 30 odd year lol

• Like 2

if they dont turn out alright its fook all to do with the saluki in them..it will be the greys fault .lolol pmsl

you just keep on batting on with them two like you are doing treating them like any other lurcher should me treated and they will do alright i would stake my house on that..

if they dont turn out alright its fook all to do with the saluki in them..it will be the greys fault .lolol pmsl

you just keep on batting on with them two like you are doing treating them like any other lurcher should me treated and they will do alright i would stake my house on that..

See,this is where I don't know if I'm doing right or wrong lol? These two have been brought up just like my cur types..forests,fells,rocks,scrub,heather,sand the lot....no treadmills,not so many flat fields,hardly ever walked on leads,free ran for hours per day.f**k knows if it's a suitable way to bring these types up? You always said treat them no different,they are lurchers and that's what I've done so if they turn out shite I'll blame you :-)

• Like 2

See,this is where I don't know if I'm doing right or wrong lol? These two have been brought up just like my cur types..forests,fells,rocks,scrub,heather,sand the lot....no treadmills,not so many flat fields,hardly ever walked on leads,free ran for hours per day.f**k knows if it's a suitable way to bring these types up? You always said treat them no different,they are lurchers and that's what I've done so if they turn out shite I'll blame you :-)

they are lurchers.. mine never seen a treadmill.and run free hunting up and they have a nose just as good as any cur..but what mine tend to do is cover more ground then my other cur..still finds as much game just covers more ground to do so..if i had the time to do what you do i would do that for fittness rather then jog out .and shorter walks. i think alot of lads would.dont get me wrong andy ive got a string of pictures of razor up the dales and local to me when he was growing up..from being 12 weeks old ..hes got some miles on the clock to...to me thats what makes a good dog.exspearence out in the field ..imo..nobodys knows what they will turn out like..but i reckon they have a chance of being as good as anything else out there..i think anybody who brings two pups on at the same time are mental..lolol there is advantages for keeping them in good nic chasing each other about ect ect ..but i stuggle to keep my calm raising one pup..i enjoy it but fook two..lolol..so to me you are doing a top job..

• Like 2

they are lurchers.. mine never seen a treadmill.and run free hunting up and they have a nose just as good as any cur..but what mine tend to do is cover more ground then my other cur..still finds as much game just covers more ground to do so..if i had the time to do what you do i would do that for fittness rather then jog out .and shorter walks. i think alot of lads would.dont get me wrong andy ive got a string of pictures of razor up the dales and local to me when he was growing up..from being 12 weeks old ..hes got some miles on the clock to...to me thats what makes a good dog.exspearence out in the field ..imo..nobodys knows what they will turn out like..but i reckon they have a chance of being as good as anything else out there..i think anybody who brings two pups on at the same time are mental..lolol there is advantages for keeping them in good nic chasing each other about ect ect ..but i stuggle to keep my calm raising one pup..i enjoy it but fook two..lolol..so to me you are doing a top job..

Spot on, they don't learn nothing sat in a run or back yard. I too get them out from young and increase their outing more and more as they get older. :thumbs:

What Fuji is doing, is a top way of bring pups on. :yes: ..from my personal experience, i have found this way works very well.

• Like 1