Stig's just asked me to explain a bit about Why we ring birds. So, having just had a monumental struggle with this new Windoze 7 and my scanner, I hope to have reproduced one of our leaflets here for you to have a look at.

This is just the most easily digested bit of information. Let me corner you and I could enthuse ye ears off about the fascinating things that I've learned about 'my' birds, just ringing them around my back door.

Here's a bit to start with then:

001_zps7b89efac.jpg

Capture_zps4805fb4f.png

I'd like to point out that Your reporting a rung bird is every bit as important as our ringing them. Ever find a dead bird? Please do check its legs. If it's wearing a ring, take it and report it, please.

And, as this is a Hunting forum? Please don't be shy if you shoot a pest species and find it ringed. We're impartial scientists. Not a bunch of wooley hatted tree huggers! :laugh:

• Like 4

Don't talk to me about chiff's, Pip! First time my boss ever set foot in the field at the back of here, he's walking six foot in front of me and comes to a maybe eight foot stretch of hedge. Looked much like any other bit of hedge to me.

" Ah. Now, This is ideal for a Chiff Chaff. " He says. Then, before my f**king brain can even send the message to my mouth to say, " Oh, yeah? " He f**king says; " Yes! Here we are, look! " :icon_eek:

I'm like; :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:How the f**k does he Do that?!?

.I love reading Petes info about birds only trouble is my brain takes a while to digest his info ......think i,ll come back to this later :D .................always great to see such depth of knowledge and enthusiasm though on any subject.......many thanks for sharing it :thumbs:

• Like 1