Advice On Airrifle

Nothing wrong with a falcon though. But with a pre charged set up you will have all the added expense on top. Dive cylinder, reg and hose etc.

me thinks a bit of saving is in order.

Give it some thought. Buy right, buy once. Nothing worse than regret.

IF I had have waited and saved that extra week..??!

Yeah I will wait and have a look at both of them. Dose the dive cylinder last long

depends what size you get i have a 12ltr one that lasts me some time before it needs to be filled but every 2 1/2 years you need to get them tested for rust in side thats more money on top i would go the springer 1st learn to shoot well with that then aply that to a pcp

• Like 1

Nothing wrong with a falcon though. But with a pre charged set up you will have all the added expense on top. Dive cylinder, reg and hose etc.

Yeah I will wait and have a look at both of them. Dose the dive cylinder last long

You will need to get it filled. How often depends on how regular you shoot.

Have a read through the forums and make your own mind up.

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/topic/203932-buying-your-first-air-rifle/

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/forum/98-rifle-reviews-technical-help-and-tips/

You will need to get it filled. How often depends on how regular you shoot.

Have a read through the forums and make your own mind up.

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/topic/203932-buying-your-first-air-rifle/

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/forum/98-rifle-reviews-technical-help-and-tips/

Always !!

If you haven't already done it, get down to your local club - it's not about what you own or can afford -it's about the shooting. Take part, get involved and, above all else, enjoy yourself.

Good luck,buddy! :victory:

Edited by Blackbriar
  • Like 2

depends what size you get i have a 12ltr one that lasts me some time before it needs to be filled but every 2 1/2 years you need to get them tested for rust in side thats more money on top i would go the springer 1st learn to shoot well with that then aply that to a pcp

Erm, no you don't! There are two types of valves on a diving cylinder, one that can be used underwater and one that cannot!

1ststage-1_zps9fa60be0.jpg

This is a diving valve as the gauge has to screw into the big hole at the front where the air comes out!

FillingKit_2_zps2a712dbe.jpg

Is what you would screw into it.

This type of cylinder needs a hydrostatic (full test) every five years and a visual test two and a half years after the hydrostatic test!

SurfaceValve_zps8546ae13.jpg

This the valve off a surface use cylinder. If one of these is fitted it is a five year only hydrostatic test! You may hear a lot of bumf and twaddle about saying you can get surface use only stickers, can write on the cylinders with a marker pen, but it is only the valve type that determines the test not what is written by you on the cylinder!