Iv recently. Picked up a terrier pup the bloke I got the pup from states he is due to be wormed tomorrow ie sunday but when he when I looked at his stools this morning it looks like he's got worms so. I'm going to worm him today and as he has got them do I leave the time between worming less till he ured. This is the first time iv ever has a dog worms so not to sure how to treat the pup has just over 6 weeks old ta for your advie tom

Worm him now with Drontal Plus: make sure you weigh the terrier and get the dosage right. If he is really badly wormy and has never been wormed, or you still see worms in his shit, then it is safe to worm again in a fortnight. Pups should always be wormed well before 6 weeks of age, so if he's never been wormed then chances are he'll be full of the bloody things and it won't hurt to do it again. Round worm life cycle is 3 weeks, so you normally worm pups every 3 weeks until they are around 5 months of age.

Worm him every two weeks until 4 months old mate, it should have been done at 10 days old then every fortnight thereafter until its 4 months old.

You may well see worms coming out, even with drontal plus, given the ammount thats prob inside the pup, but think of it this way, every worm out is one less to take away the goodness out of its food and slow its growth down, you'll see it bouncing along after the worms have been cleared,

Pisses me off that ppl who breed pups dont follow a proven regime of systematic worming, roundworms are a pups worst enemy, and are gotten via the bitch's milk, thats why a bitch in whelp should also be wormed in accordance with guidelines, makes a massive difference to the pups progress from day 1.

• Like 3

He was a lot better last night running round barking at the others. The pups looked fine at three weeks old when I. Picked the pup I wanted then when the other half brought him home he looked blouted. I then got intouch with the bloke asking when he was due to be wormed by the looks of the length of the worms and how many he has passed already he's never been wormed. Would you suggest worming my other two dogs that are not due for another 3 weeks now

do your pup in another two weeks, then do the others the same time, once he is up to 4 months old, get them all done on the same frequency, its easier to keep a record of it that way. I do all my dogs on the same date, one entry in my diary"WORM DOGS" sorted, write under it."DONE".

flick forward three months and do it again, its not complicated, but same as a lot of other things with dogs, have a simple system, make sure it works for you amd the dogs, and stick to it.

I think, by the sounds of it, you may have got hold of that pup just in time, before any permanent internal damage may have occured.

Good luck with him and keep us posted on progress. He'll grow like a mushroom now without those f***ing things inside him.

Regards

B

He's more like a terrier pup should be growling at the others. I already do the others at the same time I do the same as you mark on the calender. I usualy use wormers from the track but this. Time I'm going to buy them all drontal.

good advice on here already, but i would just say dont panic! keep on top of the regular worming and remeber it is good practice to change wormer at intervals (i use drontal for a year then milbemax for a year then back to drontal) as worms can build up a resistance to certain drugs. changing wormer can help to prevent this. good luck with the pup, i'm sure he will be fine

• Like 2

good advice on here already, but i would just say dont panic! keep on top of the regular worming and remeber it is good practice to change wormer at intervals (i use drontal for a year then milbemax for a year then back to drontal) as worms can build up a resistance to certain drugs. changing wormer can help to prevent this. good luck with the pup, i'm sure he will be fine

Same as,Drontal/Milbemax.