Diy Camo Dip

Talk to porkybella! He has done a few things! Its easier than you think! But its still pretty hard to get decent results! Tbf i think its quite expensive! It would cost about £25 to have a silencer dipped and to buy the stuff it would be about that to begin with but yourll be able to to it several times for £25, as you need the camo strips and the activator spray! Ill get him to post some pics

• Like 1

That would be good I've had a quote for £30 for the silencer as it has the underlever holder I'm starting to think along the lines of the stealth camo tape no adhesives stick to its self I've also managed to find a vinyl wrap that sticks but leaves no sticky ? Choices choices

Talk to porkybella! He has done a few things! Its easier than you think! But its still pretty hard to get decent results! Tbf i think its quite expensive! It would cost about £25 to have a silencer dipped and to buy the stuff it would be about that to begin with but yourll be able to to it several times for £25, as you need the camo strips and the activator spray! Ill get him to post some pics

Yeavif you could I need to know the products required etc thanks

Hi Andy.

Just a note of caution about DIY Cammo you should consider mate. It might make your rifle a poor bet for a trade-in or selling-on when you come to buy a new rifle.

You really sure you want to do this? Your SFS stage-2 tuned HW97 is a serious quality rifle.

Cammo is a thing of very personal taste and DIY jobs always look amateur-ish;- which makes a rifle look shit, to be honest. Good intentions pave many a road to hell in shooting! Chances are;; you'll regret it.

Sorry Andy but have a think seriously before you leap!

Best wishes.

Simon

• Like 1

Camo tape would be best bet mate. Pain in arse to get sticky crap off when you take it off but it can be done..the self-cling stuff is pretty good.

I tried using scrim net with my 97 but it was a pain in the arse reloading.. much easier with a bolt action pcp lol

And do you NEED to camo it?, for hunting? Some believe it makes no difference...

Edited by Skot Ruthless Teale

Thanks very valid comments chaps thanks there is final kits that apparently leave no residue its more for protection than look cheers Andy I've ordered some of that stealth tape that isn't sticky can try it and bin it for a fiver thanks again Andy

Camo tape would be best bet mate. Pain in arse to get sticky crap off when you take it off but it can be done..the self-cling stuff is pretty good.

I tried using scrim net with my 97 but it was a pain in the arse reloading.. much easier with a bolt action pcp lol

And do you NEED to camo it?, for hunting? Some believe it makes no difference...

I found some mossy oak obsession self ling tape £15 they quote it'll do a shot gun just under £15 if it looks pants can be removed and I wrap it round my head rambo style!!!!
  • Like 1

Hi Andy.

Just a note of caution about DIY Cammo you should consider mate. It might make your rifle a poor bet for a trade-in or selling-on when you come to buy a new rifle.

You really sure you want to do this? Your SFS stage-2 tuned HW97 is a serious quality rifle.

Cammo is a thing of very personal taste and DIY jobs always look amateur-ish;- which makes a rifle look shit, to be honest. Good intentions pave many a road to hell in shooting! Chances are;; you'll regret it.

Sorry Andy but have a think seriously before you leap!

Best wishes.

Simon

yes very true il go with no permanent it'll looks nearly the same at a10th of the cost thanks for the advise

I bought some of the tape and IMO it looked absolute crap even for me on a stoeger. You just cant get the angles right with tape so its now wrapped around my flask and my camera mount just to use it up.

However my stoeger is the X20S with the shrowded barrel so I bought a jack pyke neoprene barrel cover and it fits perfect although that is only the barrel camo'ed. Far better job than tape will get though IMO