1St Cross Collie Grey

its not the point of it been a farm collie or a pet collie or a racing grey or a pet grey it what you put into it yourself

so if you think that nothing wrong with an hancock dog if its what you put into it? theres a few workers on here that way bred

My point entirely!

its not the point of it been a farm collie or a pet collie or a racing grey or a pet grey it what you put into it yourself

so if you think that nothing wrong with an hancock dog if its what you put into it? theres a few workers on here that way bred

My point entirely!

does hancock sell 8/9 month old pups ?

My point entirely!

He regularly has them at 20-24 weeks.

My point entirely!

that's 6to7 not 8to9

try hancock.... :thumbs:

no thanks I want a working dog not a show dog :whistling:

Working what though?

Because a first cross will be from a farm collie rounding sheep to a track greyhound. At best.

Neither is what you will be doing is it?

and by the [BANNED TEXT] breeding I ment collie dog with greyhound bitch NOT GREY TO COLLIE

My point entirely!

that's 6to7 not 8to9

Good luck in your search. You will need it.

I had a first cross bitch from Hancock, never seen a show and was one of the best, if not the best all round lurcher I've seen.

Wouldn't have suited you though mate, a lot of work went into her, some before the eight/nine month mark which you're looking to avoid, also travelled further to work her than you're willing to travel for a dog.

• Like 5

Working what though?

Because a first cross will be from a farm collie rounding sheep to a track greyhound. At best.

Well speak for your self muka. My mate bred a liter out his working hill collie that lamps ferrets and dos all round farm [BANNED TEXT] sheep and cows. Grey was used on the hares reg

. Put a few picks up of a bitch out liter plus getin few fotos of the others 5 out of 7 hav made very good around dogs. 2 out of the 5 comin very special on rabs able to take 30-40's if the rabs there 2 are average that wont do teeth but take edible.

I say most that join any two dogs just cos they the breed they want in dog and wang em togeva cant be to serios about the game. Worker to worker for me even if 1st x

Working what though?

Well speak for your self muka. My mate bred a liter out his working hill collie that lamps ferrets and dos all round farm [bANNED TEXT] sheep and cows. Grey was used on the hares reg

. Put a few picks up of a bitch out liter plus getin few fotos of the others 5 out of 7 hav made very good around dogs. 2 out of the 5 comin very special on rabs able to take 30-40's if the rabs there 2 are average that wont do teeth but take edible.

I say most that join any two dogs just cos they the breed they want in dog and wang em togeva cant be to serios about the game. Worker to worker for me even if 1st x

Fair play I completely agree. I just don't think many collie/grey will be from hunting parents both side like your mates.

:hmm: Personaly,..I think we often take this 'from working parents' ,..a wee bit too far....

Obviously ,.when you have got a good line going,..it is sensible to keep on,.keepin on,...

But ,..if you decide to start your own type,.from scratch,.be it a Pure Deerhound or a Sheepdog,..Bull Blood,.whatever,..you often have to accept a bit of compromise... Working blood has got to be favourite,..OBVIOUSLY,...however,..somebody, somewhere has to take the plunge, be the first, and when they have done so,..and produced a sane and sensible, capable critter, it is then up to the keenest of the keen, to test them and possibly refine the hybrid, as best they can...Indeed, many of us want different things from our working dogs,..so,.there is no definites or sure -fire favourites in this game...

If success was guaranteed and easy, we would all know where to go for our replacement jukels...

I count myself lucky,..a rabbit speeding towards a net, and a skinny cur catching one or two..is all I realy need :laugh:

Edited by Phil Lloyd
  • Like 7

:hmm: Personaly,..I think we often take this 'from working parents' ,..a wee bit too far....

Obviously ,.when you have got a good line going,..it is sensible to keep on,.keepin on,...

But ,..if you decide to start your own type,.from scratch,.be it a Pure Deerhound or a Sheepdog,..Bull Blood,.whatever,..you often have to accept a bit of compromise... Working blood has got to be favourite,..OBVIOUSLY,...however,..somebody, somewhere has to take the plunge, be the first, and when they have done so,..and produced a sane and sensible, capable critter, it is then up to the keenest of the keen, to test them and possibly refine the hybrid, as best they can...Indeed, many of us want different things from our working dogs,..so,.there is no definites or sure -fire favourites in this game...

If success was guaranteed and easy, we would all know where to go for our replacement jukels...

I count myself lucky,..a rabbit speeding towards a net, and a skinny cur catching one or two..is all I realy need :laugh:

spot on :thumbs: