Im looking to pick the brains of any professional tilers that are on here im tiling the floor of my kennel [BANNED TEXT] quarry tiles and was just wondering what sealer to use or you recommend using and any additional information you can give me would be much appreciated thanks.not sure

if in right section.

Wouldn't bother with quarry tiles as the absortion rate is shit, If you can afford porcelain I'd use those. Even with a sealent I'd either stay with concrete or give qaurry tiles a miss as you'd have to re-apply sealer every 3/6 months. The best way to go is porcelain and then use a epoxy grout but this is costly. Another option is to paint the floor with a 2 part epoxy floor paint but make sure you seal the floor with something like SBR first :thumbs:

There was a sealant available for all stone and other similar stone type surfaces, called "Bourne Seal" i think, Most of the builders and stone masons used to use it, also for external use if my memory serves me right. Google it and see what you come up with.

B

Quarry tiles in mine with a waterproof sealant in joints, none of that piss smell in the concrete that you can't get rid of.

Easy to clean, warm and hygienic, looks good too, keep a slight fall and you got it sorted. I hose mine down into covered drain and then squeegee the excess water away, perfect for cleanliness.

Never had a problem of freezing in winter, don't find them slippy, very hard waring, look at any good floors in public toilet areas or the like and quarry tiles used a lot.

It's worth the little extra investment at the beginning, dogs will benefit !!

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Wouldn't bother with quarry tiles as the absortion rate is shit, If you can afford porcelain I'd use those. Even with a sealent I'd either stay with concrete or give qaurry tiles a miss as you'd have to re-apply sealer every 3/6 months. The best way to go is porcelain and then use a epoxy grout but this is costly. Another option is to paint the floor with a 2 part epoxy floor paint but make sure you seal the floor with something like SBR first :thumbs:

what a load of crap quarry tiles every time non slip easy to clean all local schools use out side on steps