Foot And Mouth

Anyone heard of a new breakout of foot and mouth ?, I've just been on Facebook and someone on my friends list reckons her son has it and all the kids have been sent home and not allowed back , I'm in Yorkshire btw.

Anyone heard of a new breakout of foot and mouth ?, I've just been on Facebook and someone on my friends list reckons her son has it and all the kids have been sent home and not allowed back , I'm in Yorkshire btw.

do you mean CJD Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease

do you mean CJD Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease[/size]

I think they must mean hand,foot and mouth disease, but looking on the net I've just found this http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-139694/Bull-sparks-new-foot-mouth-scare.html apparently there's been an outbreak in china

Hand foot and mouth in kids is a pretty common virus - similar to chicken pox - most schools won't let kids with symptoms go, until the last blisters have cleared, as it is very contagious, but rarely causes any real problems.

eta - it isn't the same disease, or even same virus, as foot and mouth in animals. The 2 are not related.

Edited by LaraCroft

do you mean CJD Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease

CJD is the human form of BSE, not foot and mouth. My mates mother died of it.