Computer Help Needed

formatting the hard drive will wipe ever thing .. you can only do this if you have a windows operating software disc

It might wipe it but it doesn't remove it 100% . :no: I have used free software of the Internet to recover lost photos off a reformatted disk, god knows what an expert could recover with vastly more powerful software and more knowledge.. :thumbs:

formatting the hard drive will wipe ever thing .. you can only do this if you have a windows operating software disc

It might wipe it but it doesn't remove it 100% . :no: I have used free software of the Internet to recover lost photos off a reformatted disk, god knows what an expert could recover with vastly more powerful software and more knowledge.. :thumbs:

Expert can recover nearly everything from what I understand. Not worth taking the chance. :)

ripping out the hard drive and installing a new one will leave the pc useless unless someone as a windows operating disc... if it was me i would create a new user and delete your account this will get rid of any files or programs you have installed .. what os is it running ie windows 7 vista , xp

Formatting does not render a drive unrecoverable fella. Someone with good software and know how will recover anything he wants.

yes i know that now ...a reformatted disc is still recoverable .. but to format a disc one would need a windows os disc .. so surely a disc thats been formatted and rewriten with a new os would make it 100% clean?