Led Lamp

Hi some one on here gave me details for making good quality lamp .. Think it was buster ..

Gave that gun and lamp to a cousin just need the details again as I want another one.. Any Ideas thanks :)

Excellent and inexpensive from dealextreme.

Start with a boggo, 250 lumens, WF501B, SKU 16240 $13.01, plus a 26.5mm aluminium reflector, SKU5955 $2.76, then a 28mm aspheric lens, SKU5297 $1.92
Unscrew the top off the torch, wind out the lens retention ring with a pair of pointed tweezers or needle nose pliers and replace the lens, unscrew the reflector from the LED and spring and replace it with the new one and reassemble. If you paint the reflector black this reduces the spill rings, but they are thin and few anyway (you could argue that if you're going to paint it black, why change the original reflector, but it does make a difference, as I tried that).

Project price $17.70 or £10.97 at today's conversion rate, if you've already got the rechargeable batteries. If you haven't got the batteries and charger, they are a significant expense compared to the torch, but not outrageous and should last for a long time. I'm using the recommended single 18650 rather than the 2xCR123A as the voltage is a bit higher and gives a brighter light.

If you want to take it further add in these:-
Velcro gun mount SKU 12000 $2.06 or £1.27
Pigtail pressure pad switch SKU 1025 $4 or £2.46

This will concentrate the led so much that the square from the shape of the emitter is projected tightly enough at 50yards to cover the same size as 4 Velux windows, which just over fills the scope view on 8-10x.

Add in a Nigel110 special, home-made, red filter using a bit of red-coloured A4 plastic wallet, some sticky black tape and a bit of plastic water pipe (Blue Peter fan possibly?) and you have a red super beam thrower good for at least 50 yards that can be quickly converted to white super beam, good for nearly 200yards.

Even with 2 18650 batteries and a decent charger this lot came to under £30. Its tiny, light and very, very bright with enough beam carry on red to sort out most air rifle range lamping needs.

Try this at your own risk, but I've had great results from it and recent observers now have bits ordered to make theirs. I hope this helps.

Guest scramble

Excellent and inexpensive from dealextreme.

Start with a boggo, 250 lumens, WF501B, SKU 16240 $13.01, plus a 26.5mm aluminium reflector, SKU5955 $2.76, then a 28mm aspheric lens, SKU5297 $1.92

Unscrew the top off the torch, wind out the lens retention ring with a pair of pointed tweezers or needle nose pliers and replace the lens, unscrew the reflector from the LED and spring and replace it with the new one and reassemble. If you paint the reflector black this reduces the spill rings, but they are thin and few anyway (you could argue that if you're going to paint it black, why change the original reflector, but it does make a difference, as I tried that).

Project price $17.70 or £10.97 at today's conversion rate, if you've already got the rechargeable batteries. If you haven't got the batteries and charger, they are a significant expense compared to the torch, but not outrageous and should last for a long time. I'm using the recommended single 18650 rather than the 2xCR123A as the voltage is a bit higher and gives a brighter light.

If you want to take it further add in these:-

Velcro gun mount SKU 12000 $2.06 or £1.27

Pigtail pressure pad switch SKU 1025 $4 or £2.46

This will concentrate the led so much that the square from the shape of the emitter is projected tightly enough at 50yards to cover the same size as 4 Velux windows, which just over fills the scope view on 8-10x.

Add in a Nigel110 special, home-made, red filter using a bit of red-coloured A4 plastic wallet, some sticky black tape and a bit of plastic water pipe (Blue Peter fan possibly?) and you have a red super beam thrower good for at least 50 yards that can be quickly converted to white super beam, good for nearly 200yards.

Even with 2 18650 batteries and a decent charger this lot came to under £30. Its tiny, light and very, very bright with enough beam carry on red to sort out most air rifle range lamping needs.

Try this at your own risk, but I've had great results from it and recent observers now have bits ordered to make theirs. I hope this helps.

Good post buster, just to add, dont bother with the "blue peter" red filter......buy a dedicated red LED and you'll have much better results and just as easy to change back to white. :thumbs:

Hi Buster think I will give this a go,just one question on the aluminium reflector, SKU 5955 when I looked up it said it was without emitter.does this mean you would have to take the original emitter from torch and some how install it into new reflector.Or maybe buy product SKU 184385 .many thanks bernie.