have plenty of pets but a beaver is one I haven't got. ha ha. was thinking chain saw, cut a square into the log then to get it out cut one big groove close to the bottom and this would also be the drainage. would this work or is there a better way. some folk on internet say chisel it out but would take forever

What wood are you thinking of using ? as most wont last long at all.

I've done it before with already slightly hollow wood and just burnt it out more, then found plastic pots that fit the hole.

just anything I can find as my house backs onto the woods just thought a nice free planter lol. was thinking if it's lined with plastic and a slot at the bottom for drainage and was gonna de bark the logs and buff them up a bit and varnish them

have plenty of pets but a beaver is one I haven't got. ha ha. was thinking chain saw, cut a square into the log then to get it out cut one big groove close to the bottom and this would also be the drainage. would this work or is there a better way. some folk on internet say chisel it out but would take forever

Plunge cut in a tight grid pattern, say two and a half to three inch squares, then use a bar to crack out each segment until you have enough out to get the bar of your chainsaw in to cut out the rest.

Depending on the size of planter you can stroke out or shave the timber with a chainsaw. Slow but it will work.

I would be fecked if i was tackling it with a drill and a hammer and chissel, seems a bit too much like hard work :laugh:

:thumbs: