Drop Nets

Guest Rabbiteer

No i didn't take any pictures of the 9 rabbits caught in the net at night. They are difficult to get out of the net though because of the two nets used. Will have to take a couple of photos of emeshed rabbits.

regards Roger

Edited by R_Oldroyd

MC, you want to go halves on a set up like this one, i will keep it down here and you can come and get it if you need it. :hmm::whistling: , Several jobs recently i could have made good use of a set up like this, but i would have to use it nearly every week to truly justify this sort of outlay. B)

No i didn't take any pictures of the 9 rabbits caught in the net at night. They are difficult to get out of the net though because of the two nets used. Will have to take a couple of photos of emeshed rabbits.

regards Roger

Fluffed up so just added a pic

Edited by R_Oldroyd

regards Roger

The system is not as expensive as it looks the hand rail poles are not that much. They cut the poles to the lengths that i wanted. I would get a couple of 8ft and a couple of 2ft poles. Then spend sometime making the drop poles. Then buy a couple more. So by the time a had made it the cost was over sometime. What was hard was sourcing the material. Its the same thickness as temperary fencing used on building sites.

Its built to last and i would only use this where i could keep an eye on it and it was out of the way. I have had some ideas about linking two 100 yds nets to set off at the same time and side nets to stop rabbit running the length of the net .If i was camping out doing a job for severals days would set it up on day one and use it at the end of the job. Hopefully the rabbits have got used to it thus adding to the final tally

What takes the time is making the trimmel net that takes some making if you have never made one before. You need to make sure that a the holes are drilled staight for the pull pins to work well at distance......

Edited by R_Oldroyd
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

hello, i am going mad trying to find a drop net. i have a long net but there is an area that i need a drop net. does any one know were i can get one. i need the whole set. if you have a second hand one that any one wnats to get rid of. or if you know of a person that sells them that would be great if you could let me know

Nick

where abouts are you? as its not getting one for you its getting one to you thats the problem.

if we can sort out the distance im possible in a position to help you out :thumbs:

hi there i am in suffolk. i will travel or pay for postage. were are you i have mates in the west and a few up north.