.22 Allowed But .17Hmr Not Allowed

Problem now over for you, great, but I'll comment anyway.

My force actively push for shooters to have the hmr and not .22 rimfire, citing tendency to ricochet as the reason.

.22 is proven to still produce deadly human force at over 400mtrs

hmr does ricochet, and hence probably further than a .22

That bloody comment about the .22 not coming back towards YOU BEGGARS BELIEF

My ticket renewed last Dec still lists both .22and 17hmr specifically for fox

Have you had ricochets come back towards you?

No, have you?, that was my point unless you are being cryptic??

It needs several impact point to create a 180 degree ricochet, ie, into a quarry or similar, or maybe you want to argue that too?

The danger of a ricochet is largely one of hitting someone outside the line of fire, not in front of it.

And yes of course I've seen that .50 video, only thing I can say is only in America

What YOU should be asking yourself is why have I had ricochets coming back at me, and as the 50cal video shows, they all do it it if you let them

Look, I'm not interested in any .22lr Ricochets so it is dangerous debates, but that is BS, you need ONE impact point at the right angle to get a 180 degree ricochet, it happens all the time to Numb Nuts who set up poor back board stops at the wrong angle!

I'm not a party to this .22lr ricochets all over the place and HMR are safer crap, but hit your quarry and the chance of any ricochet is dramatically reduced! :thumbs:

You should try shooting 22lr tracer and see exactly where your rounds do end up, i kid you not it can be frieghtening.

The other thing with is that a bullet only requires one inpact point to change direction and only needs several impact points if it is to travel a given route but i think you may find that the end point is rarely reached as the bullet energy is lost during the impacts.

Well at least someone understands, cheers

Deker, your posts are usually sound, you got this wrong, I was saying that for anyone shot that comes back, 100 go off at an angle.

The point I was making that seemed to escape you was that any firearms officer that is only worried about lead coming back at the shooter is absolutely clueless.

Edited by cyclonebri1

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My guess is that your FEO has probably never fired any rimfire and does not have first hand knowledge. It may be that he is a shotgun man, or equally possibly has little or no first hand experience o

For god sake take the job lol. shooters in your area might get put on the straight n narrow without the migraines !!!

QUESTION it mate it's a condition NOT LAW, just becarefull how you word it, i did similar years ago and he didnt like me telling him his job much but i still got my way, i had both .22 and .17 even t