Bought Myself A Few Pigeons

I thought rollers were only good for enticing other racing pigeons in, am I old school lol?

That's nowt to do with rollers baw lol
Aww lol, is that tumblers then or fan tails? Or am I talking keek lol.

Rollers are competition birds,

Some lads use fantails to bring their kits in, but it's mainly controlled by feed, look up duckwings roller thread, that'll explain it all, cheers

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One bit of advice I'll give you which I've got off others is take that bowl of food out and feed them once a day. You want them piling into the food dish when you call them, either a whistle or shakin

yeah gnipper mate they will work an thieve anything that resembles a pigeon, even when flown in a flock pouters will peel off and go hunting if they spy a pigeon, to get the most out of the sport you

got myself 4 new pigeons 2 limerick tumblers and 2 Birmingham rollers well chuffed we them as its the first time i have kept them

Posted Images

one of my grandads sayings ---dont fill your loft full of shite they cost as much to feed as good uns ;)

Wise words too which are applicable to any livestock ;)

:thumbs: i was about 10 when he told me i`ve applied to any animal i`ve kept

all doing good gnipper :thumbs: haven't ventured to letting them out yet :hmm: have only 1 pair of Birmingham rollers paired up,,, other to aren't yet :laugh: have to young limerick tumblers think there this years but ill upload pics in a min for you's to get a look at :thumbs: still only getting to grips with all of them :yes:

One bit of advice I'll give you which I've got off others is take that bowl of food out and feed them once a day. You want them piling into the food dish when you call them, either a whistle or shaking the feed tin. Makes it a lot easier when you do let them out.

• Like 2

good advice that is... I've just stated doing that last night funny enough,,, :yes:​ , went out today and they were all diving in when i gave it to them I've threw out more food, than what the birds have ate from i got them :cray::laugh: been shaking it in a pea tin to :thumbs:

rule of thumb mate, one handfull per 2 birds, get them used to coming in to a whistle and a shake of the tim as youngsters, and they'll remember it as older birds. in the off season, i used to buy some peanuts, the monkey nut type ones, no salt or additives etc, strt giving them as a little treat, once they get a taste for them they will overcome any fears of you for them, given when moulting especially, the high oil comtent aids greatly in feather quality as the new ones come thru. I envy you mate, i miss my birds amd racing them.

decided to let out to of my does and they were out from yesterday evening got one of them back in this evening and the other is still floating about wont come in yet :cray: so hope he comes in tomorrow with the other one when i let it out :laugh:

i'd be more inclined to keep the one in mate , extra incentive for the other to come in, his mate and food = focus the mind imo. good luck and enjoy your time with your birds.

had the 2 limericks coming in and out this couple of days then decided to let another one out with them hes disappeared :hmm: hopefully he'll appear tomorrow :yes: 1 of the limericks is getting fly every time i go to close him in he heads back out of the flight so I've lifted the food of him he's not going far but i cant get a hand on him :huh: as were before he was grand :hmm: hope this will work you's any tips if I'am doing this wrong?? :thumbs: