Reputations Of Dogs And Men

Bet we all know one a poacher, a hard man, a bloke with a reputation that isnt justified, a dog that is a world beater, but when push comes to shove it really wasnt that good. So what are your memories of people or dogs that had reputations that they really didnt deserve. I knew some in the mid 60s poachers that only worked in gangs, dogmen that shouldnt have been allowed to own any animal, hard cases that shit themselves when in a 1 to 1 situation. Some of the old poachers i knew were the cruelest b*****ds you would ever meet, the treatment of their livestock would make you cringe nowadays, but seemed to be acceptable then. When people come to me in the pub and say you knew so and so he was a character, i have to smile and bite my tongue, reputations are mostly built on hearsay, and it doesnt seem that the truth should intervene. YIS KIC :thumbs: .

Bet we all know one a poacher, a hard man, a bloke with a reputation that isnt justified, a dog that is a world beater, but when push comes to shove it really wasnt that good. So what are your memories of people or dogs that had reputations that they really didnt deserve. I knew some in the mid 60s poachers that only worked in gangs, dogmen that shouldnt have been allowed to own any animal, hard cases that shit themselves when in a 1 to 1 situation. Some of the old poachers i knew were the cruelest b*****ds you would ever meet, the treatment of their livestock would make you cringe nowadays, but seemed to be acceptable then. When people come to me in the pub and say you knew so and so he was a character, i have to smile and bite my tongue, reputations are mostly built on hearsay, and it doesnt seem that the truth should intervene. YIS KIC :thumbs: .

wankers then an wankers now.............. :yes:

The guy that got me into hunting/poaching was a very skilled man, but excelled himself in every cruel act he did,and shamefully to say i did aswell. daft young laddie wanting to impress the teacher so to speak,but he taught me loads of stuff and my only regret was i didnt fully take in what he was saying.he had the reputation in our town as shady c**t not to be trusted ,he dabbled in taxidermey aswell which made him even more of weirdo to folk lol no me i was facinated.at first my mum wasnt keen on me going to over his house,he was good bit older.but she came round.i often think back to those early sunday mornings at the crack of dawn walking miles with him checking his snares and traps.pointing out stuff about trees and berries.taught me a lot.

The guy that got me into hunting/poaching was a very skilled man, but excelled himself in every cruel act he did,and shamefully to say i did aswell. daft young laddie wanting to impress the teacher so to speak,but he taught me loads of stuff and my only regret was i didnt fully take in what he was saying.he had the reputation in our town as shady c**t not to be trusted ,he dabbled in taxidermey aswell which made him even more of weirdo to folk lol no me i was facinated.at first my mum wasnt keen on me going to over his house,he was good bit older.but she came round.i often think back to those early sunday mornings at the crack of dawn walking miles with him checking his snares and traps.pointing out stuff about trees and berries.taught me a lot.

now then now then.............. :D

he didn't work for the bbc did he? :hmm:

• Like 1

he didn't work for the bbc did he? :hmm:

Why wasn't your mam keen scot :hmm::laugh:

:laugh:

He used to take the impressionable young scot pheasant shooting. Scot did the retrieving..... Such a good shot was he, there wasn't my fruitless days where scot didn't have a handful of old cock :laugh:

He used to take the impressionable young scot pheasant shooting. Scot did the retrieving..... Such a good shot was he, there wasn't my fruitless days where scot didn't have a handful of old cock :laugh:

:laugh:

When i was alot younger there used to be a shooting syndicate in the forestry where i stay. In that syndicate there was a guy with a Black Lab....he would go on and on saying how well its progress was going and then you got lined out and ready to walk, he clipped its lead off and "goodbye"......f***ing birds getting up 200 yards away and him bright red whistling like a dafty. Eventually he'd have to fire a couple of shots for it too come back. I looked at that dog and thought to myself "I'll never have a useless b*****d like that!!!"... :yes:

ya cheeky b*****d lol he was a married man with a kid.oh wait that goes for f**k ll these days lol

Aye but it sounds like you were "the kid"..........Go on give us all a laugh and tell us he was a Jewish Black man and the mystery is solved..... :laugh:

ya cheeky b*****d lol he was a married man with a kid.oh wait that goes for f**k ll these days lol

Aye but it sounds like you were "the kid"..........Go on give us all a laugh and tell us he was a Jewish Black man and the mystery is solved..... :laugh:

:rofl: