New Rifle Today.

Got a new Diana 56 thumbhole in .177 today and I'm astounded how accurate it is, its the first time I have ever opted for a 177 but I couldn't be more pleased with it, I took it down to the range today and zero'd it on the 35yd range, I half expected it to move around a little with it being a new rifle but once I got it zero'd I couldn't miss, I was hitting pellet on pellet all the time, even my worse group didn't move out of the bull(5 pence size). I haven't heard much about these rifles before, only that my cousin used to have a model 52 a few years ago and he used to rave on about how good that was but I am really impressed with it so far.

Has anyone else had experience with this rifle and whats your general opinion of them?

Just put another 100 pellets through it and its no fluke, its about as accurate as you can get, its got some wierd kind of counteraction of the spring were the whole gun moves forward 1" along the stock when you cock it and then when you fire the gun moves back along the stock as the spring is going forward so there is no recoil, I have never seen another gun do this but there has been some serious thought behind it to make it happen.

I am going to take it too the 50yard range on saturday and see how I get on there, I will try and get some photo's and put them up but can't promise cause I'm crap with computers.

Just put another 100 pellets through it and its no fluke, its about as accurate as you can get, its got some wierd kind of counteraction of the spring were the whole gun moves forward 1" along the stock when you cock it and then when you fire the gun moves back along the stock as the spring is going forward so there is no recoil, I have never seen another gun do this but there has been some serious thought behind it to make it happen.

I am going to take it too the 50yard range on saturday and see how I get on there, I will try and get some photo's and put them up but can't promise cause I'm crap with computers.

Its a special sledge design, very clever in engineering terms. I believe Air Arms once had a similar springer. By all accounts they are very expensive, what did you manage to pick up yours for? You managing ok with the weight?

Got a new Diana 56 thumbhole in .177 today and I'm astounded how accurate it is, its the first time I have ever opted for a 177 but I couldn't be more pleased with it, I took it down to the range today and zero'd it on the 35yd range, I half expected it to move around a little with it being a new rifle but once I got it zero'd I couldn't miss, I was hitting pellet on pellet all the time, even my worse group didn't move out of the bull(5 pence size). I haven't heard much about these rifles before, only that my cousin used to have a model 52 a few years ago and he used to rave on about how good that was but I am really impressed with it so far.

Has anyone else had experience with this rifle and whats your general opinion of them?

I love my diana 52 however I am selling it to fund another rifle :) great great rifles :)

Its a special sledge design, very clever in engineering terms. I believe Air Arms once had a similar springer. By all accounts they are very expensive, what did you manage to pick up yours for? You managing ok with the weight?

I got a belting deal on it, they are going for 7 hundred and odd quid but the gunsmith near me who I have used for over 30 years and spent many thousands in this time had one in with a couple of tiny dings in the stock and I mean tiny, you really have to look close to see them so he let me have it for almost half price, BARGAIN.

The weight hasn't been an issue as I am a big bloke and shoot supported most of the time anyway.

The sledge design is superb, I don't know what mechanics they have used to achieve it but it really works well, I have only tried one type of pellet with it so far but I think I dropped on because they are flawless.

Diana have been very much overlooked over the years ! once HWs biggest rival, Had the 52 many moons ago, wish i still had it though, it was very accurate allthough a little lopsided heavy. Traded it for a 77 but i allways missed it. You will have to do a proper review of the 56 for us to ponder on.

atb phil