Clever Dogs

Tiercel you are spot on 30 odd years ago I was a member of the crown terrier and lurcher club in the Swansea valleys ... It was a cracking club that used to hold a brilliant mayday dog show every year and most of the members there worked their dogs and worked them hard ... But as has been said there is always the man sat in the corner with a kennel full of dogs one week and none the next then another set of dogs and each kennel full was always better than the one before and everybody else's dogs were not as good as theirs ... However in a small miming village in the valleys you soon get found out :thumbs: .............

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Most of us on here I am sure will have seen the lurcher in battersy dogs home opening the cages of the other dogs ... Well I think I may have a dog out of its lines .... I have a wrought iron round ha

Lol..hey Socks don't you just love this place haha? Mick,take a seat son and enjoy the ride,sometimes it's better to be just a passenger and take everything in whilst on the journey .... experience is

Once upon a time about 30 years ago. I had a very good dog. There was no internet, no one knew what anyone else was catching in other parts of the country. (exept what was read in the shooting news) a

I first got into lurchers 30 years ago when I was 11,12 years old. There was about half a dozen of us out all the time with dogs and ferrets. Proper keen like lads that age are. There was always loads of competing and bitching but hey, we were little kids and soon grew up. I assumed mick hucknell was 13. If its true that he isnt but is actually a grown man then he needs to have a word with himself.

Once upon a time about 30 years ago. I had a very good dog. There was no internet, no one knew what anyone else was catching in other parts of the country. (exept what was read in the shooting news) and that was taken with a pinch of salt. In the town I lived there were about half a dozen serious dog owners, we would meet up in a pub on a friday night and have some great aguments. Yet even back then there would always be the ones with the green eyes, they always wanted to be the best, yet funnily enough they always were the ones that were trading dogs, always had a new pup on the go.

They were the ones that would call every bodies dogs rubbish because it was this cross or that cross. There would alway be a new cross that was the dogs do dahs and they had one. If I went to the cafe on a Sunday morning with 20 or 30 rabbits in the boot of the car they were the ones that always had more soaking in the house, yet they always had a hangover. Jealousy is a drug and once it gets hold of you, you will never kick the habbit. Sad really.

TC

Jeez, that sounds EXACTLY what it was like for me, even down to the time scale :hmm:

Except that I didn't have a very good dog :cray:

Cheers, D.