Vizsla Passed Grade 2

Janos passed his gundog grade 2 with merit on last Saturday. The big arse fluffed his split retrieves or he would have got a distinction. He has never got his retrieving wrong before but it was a lovely morning in Wakefield and i can only guess the sun on his back turned him into a big puppy and he started playing the fool :0)

Anyway he did well enough and at 1 year old what can i expect from a pointer! On Sunday we had a training day up on Wensleydale with the Yorkshire GSP club, rabbit penwork and hunting practice on the moor. Rory Major was available for advice and we had a walk over the moor with him giving me some advice totally brilliant day.

Janos hunted well and pointed a pair of birds, Rorys advice was to get the drop to flush into him as he reckoned Janos is still very puppyish and isnt in 3rd gear yet when he does mature he reckons the work on the drop to flush will be well worth the time and effort as he is a large fast dog who covers the ground quickly.

So all week on his excercise ive been trying to drop him as he is flying about with the other dogs its sort of getting there :D

Edited by stroller