Can 3" Chambers Be Bored To 3.5"

Hello fellas I'm just branching out into wildfowling and need a suitable gun . I can't get on

with semi autos so I'm looking at over unders sxs . Can you get bores lengthened to 3.5"

All the best , matt

WHATS WRONG WITH JUST 3"

Hello fellas I'm just branching out into wildfowling and need a suitable gun . I can't get on with semi autos so I'm looking at over unders sxs . Can you get bores lengthened to 3.5" ?

All the best , matt

WHATS UP WITH JUST 3"

I am sure it can be done, subject to reproof,but why the hell would you want to ? I have had 3.5 inch chambers and they are just a fad,they offer no advantage over 3 inch,get yourself some good tungten,heavy shot or really fast steel like the new lightning steel from Eley, they will do anything you want,trust me when you get invited on that flight pond and want to use some 2.75 inch stuff your patterns will be crap due to your long chambers,just another money maker for the gun trade. :hmm:

• Like 1

f**k me toby calm down mate !!!

I have a habit of buying guns so thought I had the new excuse I need to get something .

As far as I know nothing is wrong with 3" .

Iv been reading loads about non toxic shot and steel being the most realistic priced option I looked into that more , from what I understand the extra 1/2 allows you to have a few extra shot in the cartridge = improving my chances especially with large shot size for geese .

On the lake I'm happy to shoot my game gun with normal bismuth or steel loads ,but you make a good point on patterning with sub3" loads .

Thank you the input guys .

f**k me toby calm down mate !!!

I have a habit of buying guns so thought I had the new excuse I need to get something .

As far as I know nothing is wrong with 3" .

Iv been reading loads about non toxic shot and steel being the most realistic priced option I looked into that more , from what I understand the extra 1/2 allows you to have a few extra shot in the cartridge = improving my chances especially with large shot size for geese .

On the lake I'm happy to shoot my game gun with normal bismuth or steel loads ,but you make a good point on patterning with sub3" loads .

Thank you the input guys .

sorry pal new phone am on