Brocock Contour Vs Bsa Ultra Se Emerald

Got up this morning and thought I would try a little experiment to see which is the more accurate gun out of the two I have!

So I got the tape measure out and measured the small shooting target I have in my back garden and it worked out to be 18yards! So I pumped up both rifles to 200bar and shot 6 pellets out of each gun before trying my test, the results I found where that on a few cushions supporting the front of the gun and me holding the rear the Brocock come out on top and the BSA wasn't very good, so later-on on a bipod I had ordered from eBay I set about doing it again, but this time I didn't fill the guns back up just left them at the same pressure, both rifles had had 24 pellets through them before I tried for a second time, this time with the bipod it was very different, the BSA grouped really really well and the Brocock didn't group so well but was still quite tight infact a 5p went over the 2 sets of targets for both guns

Here's the results, the first 2 pictures are from the Brocock and the second 2 will be from the BSA,

e4e0713eb9b2fed53a553b178f629fff_zps1739

567e4f25fff98c61327c10aaafa0e135_zps1fbe

As I said they didn't group the best but still very tight and the 5p is bigger than both of them,

0dfd74922368d52907a1650e2d31b623_zps2a17

0c74262534a30bac0fe7b9d6f187e0cc_zpscefc

This was a little better from the BSA grouped quite tight!

The pellets I was using was Air Arms Diabolo Field at 0.547 grams, I used these pellets in both of the rifles, I would say that the rifles were at about 150-180 bar of pressure when shooing the 2 lots of 6 pellets in the test, they are both very good rifles and love both of them, there are similarly priced both light but the BSA being the heavier of the 2 and quite accurate, the 2 rifles are both multi shot, Brocock being a 6 shot and the BSA being a 10 shot! Before the test the Brocock had roughly 500 pellets through it and the BSA only about 100, so both not really bedded in the Brocock being more bedded in!

eb7817f77bae07f4633f0e602d6b1d60_zps1bb5

Thanks for looking and reading

Oh and I think I need to re-zero both guns! Or it could be the muppet shooting them :D

Edited by tinson1

dont forget different barrels like different pellet.

for exampl the AA fields might be on of your bsa;s "favorite" pellets, but in your brocock another pellet might be a lot better. try loads of differnt pellets in both guns and find the best for each gun, and then using each guns best pellet, in its sweet-spot, try this comparison test again. i bet both guns are just as accurate as eachother ;)

• Like 1

Today I have tried the RWS super-h-point at 0.45grams! Using the same bipod and the same distance as yesterday(18yards)

Both rifles were filled 2 200bar and shot 15pellets before trying the test, whilst firing these 15 shots again the Brocock out shone the BSA but again in the 6 pellet test the BSA was much better, neither of the groups could be covered by a 5p but the BSA was much tighter.

The first picture is from the Brocock and the second will be from the BSA!

c0f9d6403a438360da6a67fc3913336d_zps2815

Like i said no where near as good, all over the place

d09f92e1d4ed90390ee5addb4268b4c8_zps1219

Much better than the Brocock, a lot tighter and the 5p nearly covered it just a bit of light seeming through each end!

From these 2 pellets I have tried at 18yards the air arms fields are much better through both rifles and the BSA coming out on top both times!

I may try and get my hands on some other pellets tomorrow and try it again! What pellets are people using in these rifles, or can you suggest any I can try? Cheers lads

Hope this helps

Edited by tinson1

I watched the review on you tube from zini(si) and both guns liked the aa! I will try others, have some RWS super-h-point to try

Forget H points, you are best to stick with a traditional domed pellet for hunting, h points will not group as well as longer ranges!

• Like 1

Am using jsb exact in my emerald and very accurate a zero it to 20yards in backgarden for rats then thn got a new target put straight over old 1 thn 10 shots off the belt bang on shot the bull out and tht was resting on a wheelie bin lol was thinking of putting a bi pod on mine but in 2 minds wether to or not

I had the Brocock super 6 in .22cal , what a rifle ! for the price they are No1 in my book, & I have had various brands & models, if you want a good hunting or target rifle without the rapid 7 price tag & as almost good , super 6 , I would recommend

• Like 3