Deer Grey X Sal Grey

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here is my Deer GreyX Saluki Grey Taken a few years ago. He is getting on a bit now but still gives 100%  

going to have to get some up to date pics lol hes about 6 months old now

Posted Images

Took my bitch pup out last night for the first time,took her mother aswell so she could watch her run. Rabbits were really thin on the ground got a few with the dam then got a perfect squatter out in the middle the bitch pup put one bend in then struck & caught it,it squeaked & she let it go re-coursed it & it got away.Gave her another & great course but made it to the hedge.One last run & the same again.So mixed emotions really.Technically she caught but would have rather she held it then I would have called it a night then.Pleased with her speed & how she turns & she's as game as. Early days!

Julian will be pleased to hear that, he was getting a bit worried with his bitch, same as you described, fast and nimble on the turns, she caught 2/3 but let them go when they squealed. . Her intention grew with every run though and finished the last run doing the business, nice coursing style of running about her. How's the old girl looking? Will she do much this season?

Julian will be pleased to hear that, he was getting a bit worried with his bitch, same as you described, fast and nimble on the turns, she caught 2/3 but let them go when they squealed. . Her intention grew with every run though and finished the last run doing the business, nice coursing style of running about her. How's the old girl looking? Will she do much this season?

Yeh she had a couple. Unfit at the mo but will use her this season for more serious nights out. I'll see how she runs this season depending on that i might retire her next year but she'll be good for teaching her pups this year. Manny looks good he's a inch taller than mine bout the same weight tho. Ripley & my bitch will be fine i'm sure.Like i said early days will try the big boy in a week or so?

Cheers field Marshall I'm more than pleased with him, think he's just shy of 25tts but thats big enough for me. Especially after what I've seen from him so far this season. Been out with him twice and he's shocked me and both my mate's that have seen himaswell. IvE seen him playing about with other dogs coursing them and running the lure and stuff but he didn't look anything special if you know what I mean. If anything looked a bit slow but it just goes to show that play is nothing to go by cos he was a different dog when he see his first rabbit. Rapid and tuning like a dog half his size. Hasn't really missed anything I've put him on so far. Didn't want to rush him but I'm pretty sure I could of killed 20 rabbits with him on his first night out if I could of found the runs but just gave him 5 sensible runs in the end and watched him catch and retrieve all 5 live to hand.

Second night out he impressed me even more. Got offered 700 for him that time haha not for sale though.

Cheers field Marshall I'm more than pleased with him, think he's just shy of 25tts but thats big enough for me. Especially after what I've seen from him so far this season. Been out with him twice and he's shocked me and both my mate's that have seen himaswell. IvE seen him playing about with other dogs coursing them and running the lure and stuff but he didn't look anything special if you know what I mean. If anything looked a bit slow but it just goes to show that play is nothing to go by cos he was a different dog when he see his first rabbit. Rapid and tuning like a dog half his size. Hasn't really missed anything I've put him on so far. Didn't want to rush him but I'm pretty sure I could of killed 20 rabbits with him on his first night out if I could of found the runs but just gave him 5 sensible runs in the end and watched him catch and retrieve all 5 live to hand.

Second night out he impressed me even more. Got offered 700 for him that time haha not for sale though.

I've still yet to see him run lol