60 Traps....gone!!!!!

Is a fly press not a little heavy handed for thin plate?

Simple punch stamps used with hardwood work well.

A touch of galfroid over the stamped area will stop corrosion but you will have to weather the trap for a while to rid the smell of solvent.

A punch set of either numbers or letters only cost around a tenner a set.

Drilling a series of holes into the plate in a pattern could be an option. But again you would need to treat to avoid rusting.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i ran a thread last year when i had 25 traps stolen my traps were marked 5 weeks later not 300 yards away from my permission i caught the lad checking his traps on his permission 6 in the morning gue

I got a feeling its someone whos been lamping hares. There have been reports of it before.   I hope they come on here and read this.....cuz you're a fecking waster, firstly stealing from my liveliho

Get more traps, get a camera set up, find out who's stealing them and let them know if it happens again they will have knee problems.

a claymore or 2 would do the trick. failing that a pugi stick

I use alarm mines. A long length of fishing line as a trip wire, that's conected to a spring loaded pin, that sets off a blank cartridge if it's tripped. If i have to leave one of the trucks in my field next to the house, with tools on it over night, it only takes 5 minutes to set a trip wire up around the truck. If some one sets it off it's just like a shot gun being fired. You'll hear it and the tea leaf wont hang around. I bought 10 from Henry Krank years ago. They are about £13 each now . Good on sheds too!.