A Little Help Offered And Wanted...

Hi All,

I am a 29 year old, fully insured airgun hunter from Warrington Cheshire. I am looking for some land where I can assist the landowner by driving down the numbers of pests for them whilst providing me with some sport.

Does anyone have / know anyone with any land in the area that I could possibly get on to? I would not touch any game unless asked to by the landowner and would be happy to do a bit of beating etc occasionally in return. I have sent numerous permission letters to local farms etc but so far heard nothing back and am getting a little disheartened!

Alternatively is there anyone willing to allow me onto their permission (with them of course)? I am happy to meet in advance so that you can speak to me and make a judgement on my character etc before granting ANY permission.

Thanks

Rob

Cheers mate. If theres been no reply in a week (which will be 2 weeks since they were posted). then I'll follow up with a visit to be sure they received it etc.

Dont know about easter eggs but I guess offering a bit of occasional help might "grease the wheels" a bit!

Letters worked for me. Mind you i have done my fair share of knocking.. I am part way to securing another shooting opportunity a few miles up the road from a letter posted months ago.

Good luck with it.Keep on keeping on.

ATB

On one of the farms i shoot on, i often help out round the place, de-horning calfs to ploughing a field or two or just flat rolling prior to drilling. When i first make contact with the landowners, face to face, I let them know that i will give them a days work now and again, this goes a long way to showing your integrity, and commitment to the job in hand and him. If you cant operate machinery, the farmer may teach you, or just be glad of some labour now and then. Its worked for me over the years and ive gained neighboring farms without even asking,they have asked me ! Farmers talk to each other and share US out if we are good at what we do.

So knock on doors rob, let them know what they could be taking on, treat it like a job interview. And if you succeed, dont let them down,they are not very forgiving most of the time. Good luck.

atb phil

I tried sending letters and a couple of phone calls, only one of which was successful. However, I have since been speaking to farmers/landowners face to face and all have said yes so far!
Owners of grain stores, dairy farms and livestock are generally in need of some help with feral piogeons and other pests eating feed. (They're always a good training ground for more challenging quarry :thumbs:) Once you're shooting for one farmer, it is much easier to get into contact with others.

So all in all, I would recommend visiting in person and having a chat with the farmer/landowner in which you explain that air rifles are safe around livestock and bulidings etc.
Happy hunting :)

• 5 weeks later...