New Scope?

Mines a VX3 Leupold 6.5 - 20 x 40 EFR and what a beauty it is to use, at the end of the day why stick a £100 scope on a £400 Rifle ?

Tell me how many Hawkes come with a lifetime guaranty ?

Once you make that switch over to premium glass you'll never look back !

Just my thoughts.

Are you for real with the £50 for a new scope remark ? :icon_eek::laugh::laugh:

Why would you spend a fortune on a rifle and then stick some cheap old chinese crap on it that cost say £300 when for an extra £200 you could splash out on some decent Bushnell or Leupold glass instead ?

Better yet buy a second hand one for the same price as a brand new Hawke and it's still a bargain !

All my rifles be they Air, R/F or C/F regardless are fitted with the best glass I can afford.

But lets just agree to disagree. :thumbs:

i have 2 hawke tac30s. ones a 10x42 and the other is 4.5-14x42. both are great scopes. i mainly shoot on 10 mag, so prefer the 10x42. the half mil dot ret is very good. it sits nice and low to the action being only a 42mm too.

i also have a viper 10x44. an absolute bargain for 150 new. you get mounts, flip ups,sun shade, illuminated ret, resettable target turrets, side parallax with 2" sidewheel and also a cloth scope cover to protect it all. the metal flip ups on the mtc scopes are the best flip ups about. loads better than the butler creeks. you can take the flip ups off and fit them to the sunshade as well. all for 150 quid. you cant fault it. the scb ret has an aimpoint for every range you'd want.

out of the 3 scopes ive mentioned, the tac30 10x42 is my favorite. it seems to have the best glass out of them all

I paid 600 for my gun and 160 for my scopes, come along with your 600 quid scope and see if u can shoot any tighter groups with it than I can .??? Lol

It might be better glass, px is more accurate by a few yards. But for me mtc scopes tick the boxes, as do the hawkers..when u think of what your getting for very little.

• Like 2

Just bought the very scope you mentioned, cracking mate. Clear glass, ret not too thick or thin, good FOV and the illuminated ret has a good range of brightness. Compared it along side a Mamba lite an I preferred it.

Edited by reaper1064