Budget Airgun Weihrauch Hw99S Or Smk Th208?

the hw99s is in a different class to the smk. it has a superb weihrauch barrel, they now come with a minelli stock, the rekord trigger, nice open sights.

little tip. get the 99s. then save a bit more money and have the barrel cut and threaded so you can fit a hw silencer. it makes for and excellent sporter. the 99s is by far the best springer available in its price range. better than any bsa springer and will outshoot a lot of springers that cost way more to buy. cracking rifle. i dont own one, but my mate does. his has had the barrel job. ive told him if he ever comes to sell it, i'd buy it straight away. his is 177 which is the snappier cal and its still a pleasure to shoot.

From my experience of the latest HW offerings gasman1, I have to disagree. It appears either Shanghai Airguns has significantly upped their game, or Wiehrauch are dropping theirs. I fear the answer is a mix of both. Let's not forget the Turkish Hatsans, that are gaining a major toehold in the market with good reason, innovation and quality at a very competitive price.

From owning a TH208 and a Diana 280k, I can see very striking similarities indeed. A few online sources have suggested the 208 is a very good clone. I would have to agree.

On the subject of triggers, I can say from firsthand experience, the much praised Diana/Ruag T06 trigger unit has also been very well 'transported'.

In summary, these das some guns aren't as Chinese nor in fact German as the badge would have you believe!

if you were to see and have a go with that 99s i got for my mate, you would have definatley wanted it. i have a hw97kt, which is a great gun. the 99s is a smaller gun so more snappy, but was so accurate.

some of the chinese springers are nice. it's the triggers that let them down. they can be a bit crude and unpredictable. a good trigger helps no end when it comes to getting the best out of any gun.

i own and shoot both Hw springers and chinese springers

the chinese springers have been fettled by Will at Woodfield GCP

and after this work shoot as well as any hw springer i own and i have several!!!!!

if only going for one gun then the hw99 is the one or even better the hw95k in .22cal

is a real good gun for hunting, any springer is FUN.

atb brian