Hi guys!

Myself and a friend took up shooting last year but struggled to find a permission so it was kind of put on the back burner but last week we recieved an email from the head groundskeeper of a local golf course asking if we could shoot the course for rabbits, grey squirrels and crows which of course we couldn't turn down. We are both fairly new to hunting but so i'm just asking for some advice on the best ways and times to hunt this quarry?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Joe

You need to speak to the head groundsman or the green convener , there might be golfer on there from 6am till last light now summers coming in ,and thats no looking at folk walk ,going to there work and dog walkers . i used to do my courses at 4/5 am

Thanks for the replies guys. We are going to meet up with the head groundskeeper and see what the problem areas are. We don't mind going at anytime night or day but like you say have to keep in mind dog walker etc. I have a Daystate mk3 and my friend an Airarms S410 we also have a Nitesite NS50 for night shooting.

Haha yeah i didn't think of that. If we do see anyone drinking on it while we are out we will probably ask them to move on for their own safety and keeps us in the groundskeepers good books.

Good luck on my permission they built a wee hut stole the benches and used it as a drinking den, sex party place there was that many of them it was easier to give it a wide berth :laugh: , the course got the police involved but they saw them coming and scattered

• 3 weeks later...

Pity you could get em listed under

Haha yeah i didn't think of that. If we do see anyone drinking on it while we are out we will probably ask them to move on for their own safety and keeps us in the groundskeepers good books.

Good luck on my permission they built a wee hut stole the benches and used it as a drinking den, sex party place there was that many of them it was easier to give it a wide berth :laugh: , the course got the police involved but they saw them coming and scattered

Pity you couldn't get em listed under AOLQ! :laugh: