Black Dogs

Now my pup has reached around the 6 month mark she'll be going outside in the next couple if weeks once I've actually got around to building the runs! I'm thinking of getting another pup in the near future ( if mine makes the grade, and ends up in sick bay I have a second terrier ) my misses only likes a smaller terrier and because she's the one who looks after them during the day while I'm at work I have to respect that she has an opinion and we've both take. A massive shine to the black dogs so I'm just thinking in advance and maybe trying to get some insight in different people's litters. So basically after a long winded post ( lol sorry ) does anyone breed the smaller stockier type patterdales? Preferably with very little bull blood and if so any pics of previous litters how they turned out in conformation head size and just size in general? I'm not after the leggier type patterdale! Thanks

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I really find it hard to believe this is an issue & a few inches makes any difference, especially to a woman.....are you genuinely talking about terrier size & not about your tackle? Lol

if the dog,s any good it will dig on if it want,s to get there it will

Mate i dont want to come accross too blunt, but if your wife has the say in what type/size/colour etc of 'working' terrier you get, i think maybe one of the toy/pet breeds wouild suit you better.  

Legs fold up but A few inches on the chest is the diffrence of the dog being able to get ther or not ,,,have anyone ever picked a fox up you cant span ?

• Like 3

I really find it hard to believe this is an issue & a few inches makes any difference, especially to a woman.....are you genuinely talking about terrier size & not about your tackle? Lol

?if it was just Down to me then I wouldn't give two toffies about it but she is a funny fecker lol and yes it's about the terrier and not my tackle! Lol

Legs fold up but A few inches on the chest is the diffrence of the dog being able to get ther or not ,,,have anyone ever picked a fox up you cant span ?

dont agree with that one bit...............

• Like 1

dont agree with that one bit...............

what are you saying then if it come,s to a real tight spot it should come out ?

different dogs for different places ..............drains and culverts, hard chalk , rocks it dont happen in my opionion............they cant dig through any of this.......

rabbity places require a small spam dog.......and exspecting a dog to dig on all the time is in my opionion a little too much if you dig the places regularly you should know what dog to enter........

an exspereinced dog in my opionion will know how far away it is and try other tubes to get to it or it will dig on if its close....

• Like 1

mate just bred a litter ...............short legged stocky with nice heads pm me if your interested ,............and in somerset area

sire and dam 100%

thanks for the offer bud but I'm not quite ready yet, thanks anyway ?

different dogs for different places ..............drains and culverts, hard chalk , rocks it dont happen in my opionion............they cant dig through any of this.......

rabbity places require a small spam dog.......and exspecting a dog to dig on all the time is in my opionion a little too much if you dig the places regularly you should know what dog to enter........

that,s a fair comment in rock chalk etc and id agree we know the ground we do and the earth,s and in these place,s i expect them to dig on

if needed