Rabbit And Bramble's

Just sat reading the same old threads so thought id get a fresh one going.

When i was a kid, about 8 years old i use to catch rabbits with Brambles. Does or has anyone else ever used this method.

Whats the most unusual method you've used for catching rabbits

Marty

Edited by Probuk

Heard a story of "the best way to kill a rabbit" firstly find burrow, lodge a brick above burrow entrance, sprinkle black pepper in the burrow entrance, wait, when rabbits wonder out it will sniff the pepper, go to sneeze, then knock itself out on the brick! ........... easy

• Like 4

I've read about the bramble trick but never done it, run me through how you used to do it.

Its simple, but most of what i cought where in stoppers or shallow burrows. My farm bred border collie would mark a hole and start digging at the entrence. Id find a bramble bush and snap off a good lengh, then find what ever i could to dig down to it a little, id dig down so far with the help of my stone mad collie then keep putting the bramble down till i felt the rabbit kicking at it, Then slowley start to twist it into its fur until it had a good grip on it, then just slowley pull the rabbit out. They always come out arse end first

Marty

I was out lamping with my mate over the weekend. In one field there was a telegraph pole. It had diagonal straining wires. The bottom 3ft of the wire was clad in wood. There were 3 rabbits in the field. My mate slipped his dog. We were following the course in the beam, when from the side we heard a thump. The dog caught the rabbit. looking around the field another rabbit had killed itself running into the wooden cladding on the wires.

• Like 1

I've read about the bramble trick but never done it, run me through how you used to do it.

Its simple, but most of what i cought where in stoppers or shallow burrows. My farm bred border collie would mark a hole and start digging at the entrence. Id find a bramble bush and snap off a good lengh, then find what ever i could to dig down to it a little, id dig down so far with the help of my stone mad collie then keep putting the bramble down till i felt the rabbit kicking at it, Then slowley start to twist it into its fur until it had a good grip on it, then just slowley pull the rabbit out. They always come out arse end first

Marty

My bull marks and tries to dig to them too, he's as bonkers as a collie lol

I'll try this, sounds fun.