I've brung my pup up on biscuits and was thinking i would be absolutely sick of eating dry shit!

whats recommended and isn't to costly?? he's 7months old now so don't think theres much he cant stomach now.

mines 3 month and can stomach anything she gets good dry meal isnt cheap raw meat see a butcher for scraps

I've brung my pup up on biscuits and was thinking i would be absolutely sick of eating dry shit!

whats recommended and isn't to costly?? he's 7months old now so don't think theres much he cant stomach now.

mines 3 month and can stomach anything she gets good dry meal isnt cheap raw meat see a butcher for scraps

feed it raw? or cook it. ??

Most types of meat with some bone is good. When I lived in Lincolnshire I used to buy a whole cow tripe from lincoln slaughterhouse once a week. If you've got time then try asking at greyhound tracks who supplies meat, ask at meat processing plants and slaughterhouses for scraps, lamb ribs etc.

These days I buy a ten kilo box of chicken necks from the chicken processing factory once a week for a fiver. I bag them in five or six bags and feed rabbit or fish some days for a change.

Lidl sell good strong freezer bags cheaply.

I like to feed it raw but sometimes cook rabbits to mix with meal.

Edited by Maximus Ferret
  • Like 2

Decent butchers, those that do butchery rather than sell pre packed stuff, will have a bone bin, it will contain lots of goodies dependent on time of year. Go for lamb, pork and chicken scraps/bones. Ribs, spines, pelvis are usually OK and will carry a fair amount of meat and the odd trotter goes down well. Don't over do it with bones and introduce then sensibly up to a couple of times a week. Use table scraps as available, the odd egg and game when it is coming in mixed with the complete feed. The dog gets variety and the bones help with keeping the teeth clean. If the dog gets hard dry stools then its getting to much bone add in more veg etc. Mine had some lamb ribs and scraps this morning with their complete, tomorrow it will be half a rabbit each etc. I just add a teaspoon of cod-liver oil daily and and bobs your uncle.

PS if you want a supplement then google SupraNutraC