Bad But Lucky Cut From Wire Fence

I was out today with some friends on a local estate, as we were walking along side some old game cover a hare popped out in front of us, her whippet x who was off the lead at the time ran after the hare, it was a quick run down the cover across the field and straight into a thin wood, the wood had an old 2 strand barbed wire fence going around it and the bitch nearly skinned herself alive! It was a clean cut with literally no blood at all. The picture only gives a top view but from the side her coat was hanging off, it must have been at least 8-10 inches, luckily the vets were only about 2 miles away and the dog is now recovering!!!

post-83843-0-14261100-1362080640_thumb.jpg

No need for vet with just skin cut , order you a skin stapler an staple up next time give shot of antibiotics an remove staples after skin starts grown together , we get similar cuts alot an as long as its not a deep in the muscle cut we is usally not needed

An those of you who think it should be banned , it service a purpose to keep cows an horses from riding the fence down either teach your dog to go under it or over it .... Or don't turn loose where there fence you don't like ,

We have all kinds of dangers here in Texas , bob wire fence is like grass it's ever where

Hog trap doors , snares , highways all kinds of stuff it's all part of the game

• Like 1

An those of you who think it should be banned , it service a purpose to keep cows an horses from riding the fence down either teach your dog to go under it or over it .... Or don't turn loose where there fence you don't like ,

We have all kinds of dangers here in Texas , bob wire fence is like grass it's ever where

Hog trap doors , snares , highways all kinds of stuff it's all part of the game

Fair point - your previous post is pish though :thumbs: .

I had an update today and the dog is still in the vets and will be there until Monday, she is fine though, the only worry now though is the the vets bill as the closest vets just happened to be the most expensive ones in Newmarket!!!! I reckon the bill could be up to a grand.....

was talking to a farmer a while ago and asked him why they have to use barbed wire,He said years ago it was all hawthorn hedging,and the wire is a modern and quick fix solution,the countryside and it's wildlife must have been a much healthier place before that stuff started being used ,even the livestock that it is supposed to stop from straying can get pretty badly damaged by it,I remember one night out lamping we saw a sheep that had tore off about a six foot length of its fleece and was still attached to the fence,wonder if the farmer would have given me permission if i told him i'd helped him out lol

• Like 1