Moult!

Ginger shooter

Due to the crap weather,and the cover being high until recently il be going until mid march...has for rabbits being about some of my places have been holding this year,but the last 2 weeks 3 farms have been hit with myxi ;) ... i just hope it cleras it self up thro the summer mths ready for oct ... otherwise it will be phessies all season for me..

Il be using quail,rabbit and doc,and some vits from kizenbrook,i think if you give a veried diet you should get all the vits and minerals from the diet but every little helps :thumbs:

Feeding a good quality varied diet (and that's the key) should mean the bird gets all the vitamins it requires from its food. Forget doc's and rabbit as these provide very little in the way of vitamins, you want to be feeding quail and rats, etc...

If I ever needed to supplement anything I used Raptor Essentials. You only need a bit sprinkled on the food and it provides everything.

• Like 2

First off its down to prefrence i think..

I dont take any furniture off (bells,anklets)... i like to hear the bells while im in the garden,its like a warning sign if i dont hear bells i have a quick check to see if everything is ok...

I replace all mine roughly in sept or when i see signs of wear.

Has for the full moult it varies my male went down in march and came out fully moulted down in mid aug,this female is a new bird so im not sure about her yet,i assume march - sept around 5-6 mths (but thats a guess)..

That's what I'm thinking feb-sep I'm keeping my FHH on her bow perch unless she's in garden for the day! Not gona free loft her few of my mates do some dont! Some people say 1st year keep her tied then next year onwards try free loft! But that's my option other people do it different to others!!

Ive done both moulted out on bow and free lofted,and both came out ok,i woulndt put her in front of people if im honest it could well encourage the bird to call if she sees you,yes i put mine out to weather now and again but i make sure she cant see me,my mews is also enclosed and not facing my house,but thats another suject and im sure you already now buddy

• Like 1

Hi lads I'm up to 47 rabbits now so I defo ain't putting my bird away till I get 3 more at lease .went out sat and sha hit a branch coming of a stump on the ground .it really knocked the wind out ov her .so came home gave her a massive feed up showered her with the hose pipe and left her out for the rest ov the day on her bow perch to dry . Atb

Well another option is what I have always done,both freeloft and bowed,I have taken Martin Hollinshead advice and not let the bird get TOO fat during the moult,still bowed her out in the day and fed her on the lure,my last female moulted out perfectly,over two moults using this method,and come the start of the season,all that was required was a weight drop,no manning to do,straight into hunting,that is what I shall be doing with my next bird,just another method,and it certainly works for me :thumbs: