Lost Terrier

#1 Blackntanman

Rookie Hunter

Members

10 posts

0 warning points

Posted Today, 09:49 PM

Lost my terrier bitch on wed morn whilst out with a mate and his dogs on a disused railway embankment. Chasing rabbit disappeared down a hole, got a rough, very rough idea where' she went but have had no luck finding her. Spent all day looking, got help from a couple of mates and dogs, no sign of her. Fire search and rescue came after a call from the mrs, they spent 2 hrs in horrendous conditions ( blizzard) searching using some high tech listening device but had no positive marks.

I'm popping back to look before and after work - any tips?

She has done this before and was dug out a day later and I know I wouldn't be in this mess if she had been wearing a tracker...big thanks to Andy and Dave for their continued help !

Still no luck. Tried another terrier with a collar, no mark just in and out of a variety of holes. Mate lent me mic, mini amp and headphones and fixed mic to some drain rods, seemed sensitive enough but she's not making and sound. Dug out the openings to all the obvious holes and have had my head up them all for the last 4 days. Still nothing? Maybe she didn't go to ground in the area I'm looking, although I've widened my search or maybe she didn't go to ground at all. The thing is she is real good at coming back. Hope she's been picked up somewhere. There are some stables on the other side of the embankment and the lasses have been really helpful. Local farmer spot on also. Will keep looking......thanks for the support!

Thanks again Dymented,I appreciate the offer and would have taken and will take any offer of help if i got a mark.I have tried my other terrier and my mates terriers who are spot on at marking and going to ground they know the terrain real well, but we have struggled to get anything conclusive ( too much fresh scent confusing the dogs) Didn't think its would be right getting bodies down to help if I ain't got a clue where she is. I've been alternating the search between me and a mate covering as much ground as we can during daylight. At the mo just going down there and listening in every hole with coat over my head still seems to be my best bet. What do u think?