Anyone Tried These.

I use castration rubbers on my long nets which i like. The only thing wrong with them is that you have to replace them when they get to bad as they biodegrade (is that the right word). Anyway one pinged off a net yesterday when a rabbit hit the net as they need changing. My mate suggested i try a O ring, found these on ebay. I think i will buy a pack and try them. Has anyone else already tried this? as you could save me the effort. Thanks.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/METRIC-NITRILE-70-RUBBER-O-RINGS-3-5MM-DIAMETER-C-S-SIZES-5MM-ID-30MM-ID-/221124791607?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item7918f8a4d8

Guest scramble

Nitrile rubbers are used for moulding,making seals resistant to fuels and certain chemicals. It will bio-degrade but not as fast as natural rubber. worth a shot at that price. you could try the 70 and when they need replacing (next season??) try a different compound structure and see what the difference is. :thumbs:

SCRAMBLE

• 2 weeks later...

I did try some and because they are o-rings they are not designed to stretch, they have no elasticity in them. I went for a size simular to the castration ring hoping to do the same job, but they just would not stretch. That said, I did not try a smaller size to fit them without bending over.

TC